British Speedway Forum

Leicester lions 2023 (PREMIERSHIP)

20 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

Bombs away. Let's see if he can crack the Leicester track

He's one of the few that could make a pass on the old Leicester track... prepare to be entertained on this new Leicester track!

Edited by iainb

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

He's one of the few that could make a pass on the old Leicester track... prepare to be entertained on this new Leicester track!

Is it just the track prep that has changed at Leicester? Most meetings I’ve seen on TV from there haven’t been great with an awkward track shape….

8 minutes ago, Sully said:

Is it just the track prep that has changed at Leicester? Most meetings I’ve seen on TV from there haven’t been great with an awkward track shape….

It's still a very peculiar shape... but the track prep has come on leaps and bounds this season! I also think the more experienced the rider the better they perform, especially around Leicester and what with the CL and PL being basically the same last season that has also had an effect. 

Just now, iainb said:

It's still a very peculiar shape... but the track prep has come on leaps and bounds this season! I also think the more experienced the rider the better they perform, especially around Leicester and what with the CL and PL being basically the same last season that has also had an effect. 

Will hopefully get up there when Panthers are in town then :-) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Bomber finally confirmed.

Good luck to him at Leicester, Solid signing that'll score points everywehere.

Love the guy but hope he is not our No.1. He’s been everywhere and will be relied upon away. His performances at BP to date have been patchy, but will no doubt be decent once he gets dialled in on his hew home track. A bit concerned about his reputation as a guesting **. Whilst there is no substitute for practice, at his age, recovery periods from any injury can only get longer.

Bottom line here though is that he will attract people to BP every week.

1 minute ago, Teromaafan said:

Love the guy but hope he is not our No.1. He’s been everywhere and will be relied upon away. His performances at BP to date have been patchy, but will no doubt be decent once he gets dialled in on his hew home track. A bit concerned about his reputation as a guesting **. Whilst there is no substitute for practice, at his age, recovery periods from any injury can only get longer.

Bottom line here though is that he will attract people to BP every week.

Fricke is your No.1

If Connor Mountain is to be re-assesed to his GSA less 25% then = 3.66?

Howabout

Max Fricke 8.55

Richard Lawson 7.72

Chris Harris 7.40

Nick Morris 6.48

Scott Nicholls 5.15

Connor Mountain 3.66

Total 38.96 plus RS Dan Thompson

Might not do too well on our travels but sure as hell would take some beating at Leicester ......

Thoughts anyone?

9 hours ago, Robbee said:

If Connor Mountain is to be re-assesed to his GSA less 25% then = 3.66?

Howabout

Max Fricke 8.55

Richard Lawson 7.72

Chris Harris 7.40

Nick Morris 6.48

Scott Nicholls 5.15

Connor Mountain 3.66

Total 38.96 plus RS Dan Thompson

Might not do too well on our travels but sure as hell would take some beating at Leicester ......

Thoughts anyone?

Why does mountains average become so low? I like that team alot

9 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

Why does mountains average become so low? I like that team alot

There is a rumour that RS's from last year who are no longer on the RS list (not that it has been published AFAIK) get 25% off their average.

11 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

Thanks for the re-assurance. Surprised that moderators considered the word (rhyming with chore) in my previous post needed to be replaced with **. No doubt they will (not) advise why this was deemed to be offensive.)

I think "offensive" words are handled automatically by a banned words list, probably administered by the forum platform owners. 

If you're referring to "ladies of the night" it brings a whole new meaning to the "rider of the night" award :D

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Sully said:

I've not been to Leicester but remember seeing some meeting DVDs which had some great races - Scott and Danny King had some battles I remember.  So not necessarily the track always but the calibre/skill of the rider.

39 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I've not been to Leicester but remember seeing some meeting DVDs which had some great races - Scott and Danny King had some battles I remember.  So not necessarily the track always but the calibre/skill of the rider.

Most top riders like the track. It's usually the riders that like riding the boards that struggle due to the banking and shape of the track. Seen bomber plenty of times run out of room and having to shut off before at Leicester. But once you get the hang of it it can be a very entertaining track to watch cause it's a little unpredictable at times. Especially with the kids

57 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Danny has always been good at Leicester, Janowski had some great races there too against Doyle I seem to recall. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Danny has always been good at Leicester, Janowski had some great races there too against Doyle I seem to recall. 

Maybe it used to be better? As Erik Riss said he used to like Leicester but doesn't like it now. Actually one of the few riders who will answer the question 'what track do you hate?' !! He said Leicester and Plymouth. 

10 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Maybe it used to be better? As Erik Riss said he used to like Leicester but doesn't like it now. Actually one of the few riders who will answer the question 'what track do you hate?' !! He said Leicester and Plymouth. 

Always remembered at Leicester for his 'team riding' with Pawal Przedpelski.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1