British Speedway Forum

Leicester lions 2023 (PREMIERSHIP)

On 11/2/2022 at 2:08 PM, FishersGate said:

Would 8 be Dudeks average? I have know idea how it works for converting averages

I'm sure that was always the rule that any GP rider would come in on an 8 point average but who knows these days when the rules seem to change so often 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

I'm sure that was always the rule that any GP rider would come in on an 8 point average but who knows these days when the rules seem to change so often 

Fair call.

• By the way what is the last rule change that actually got more punters clicking through the turnstiles? B)
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, kevin bass said:

After Ipswich signed Gollob on a bargain assessed average, I think they introduced a 9 for GP riders.  With points limits reducing, they must have brought it down too - as they did with new non-Brits on a 5, when it used to be 6.

2 hours ago, TTT said:

If rumours are true then it's a top three of Fricke, Harris & Lawson

2 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

Plus, Mountain, D. Thompson, Worral plus one

With that team, I think I could lend my support to Leicester for one more year. B) (Chris Harris, despite his guesting appearances, is of course, a Coventry treasure).

20 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Great to see Stewart Dickson back for the AGM

Welcome back to a true leader and multi-talented all round bloke. Leicester is a better speedway for your presence. 

10 hours ago, Robbee said:

What averages would Dan Thompson and Connor Mountain come into the team on ?

Makes a big difference for the final member of the seven if that is the the rumored six so far ...

Final GSAs will be 3.00 and 4.88. So if rules are as suggested on the forum - 25% reduction, min 2.50 for rising stars- then that's 2.50 and 3.66.

13 hours ago, arnieg said:

Final GSAs will be 3.00 and 4.88. So if rules are as suggested on the forum - 25% reduction, min 2.50 for rising stars- then that's 2.50 and 3.66.

If this is the case, Craig Cook would be an option for the final place. Is he worth a punt? Someone will surely give him an opportunity in this league on a low average?

• Haha 2