British Speedway Forum

Leicester lions 2023 (PREMIERSHIP)

2 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

Welcome back to the premiership . 

Good to see a team move up. 

your top 2 if correct are pretty solid and will do a good job for you

Maybe, but currently they ride for other teams in the Premiership....New team required to be put together for next season, but safe to presume that "names" have already been spoken to about signing up for the 2023 Lions

Edited by 1 valve

Just now, foreverblue said:

I did mention this was happening on another but nobody seemed to believe me! I don't suppose anyone believes Peterborough are moving down to the Championship either!

Peterborough dropping down makes no sense though.

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

I don't suppose anyone believes Peterborough are moving down to the Championship either!

Not when they've specifically been mentioned in the Leicester press release as a reason for the Lions moving up... no

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

Maybe, but currently they ride for other teams in the Premiership....New team required to be put together for next season, but safe to presume that "names" have already been spoken to about signing up for the 2023 Lions

Peterborough are going Championship, belle vue paid for the use of lambert by letting Kurtz ride for Leicester, sorted

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Good. Needs one of Glasgow or Oxford to join them for an 8-8 split in the two leagues. Increased points limit in the top tier, more riders apparently available, creating a bigger divide between the two leagues with doubling up slowly being phased out over the coming years. It’s a plan of sorts at least. 

Won't be Oxford, they already said they are staying in Champ.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Good. Needs one of Glasgow or Oxford to join them for an 8-8 split in the two leagues. Increased points limit in the top tier, more riders apparently available, creating a bigger divide between the two leagues with doubling up slowly being phased out over the coming years. It’s a plan of sorts at least. 

Have read that Oxford were interested but CAN'T at moment as Dogs would need Stadium for Racing on Monday / Thursday and obiously TOTE income is fundamental to their business plan.

Besides if they can attract 1500-2000 to CL and 500-800 to NDL on a Wednesday night why would they take a gamble. 

Glasgow rumoured to be considering, Poole won't go back up in what may be last season their Stadium in available and hard to see anyone else in CL taking such a move?

8-8 would be ideal, 7-9 is at least nearer the aim of 8-8 surely?

• Like 1

I will be working to build a Premiership team which is fully able to compete at that level, and I’m confident we will be able to do so.

“I do think there are advantages for the supporters with this, especially the increase in local derbies with the likes of Wolverhampton, Peterborough and Sheffield, and we’ll also look forward to welcoming their fans to Leicester.

Couple of solid options for Lions could be Nicholls and Lawson. 

Nicholls did a great job there in CL. Track would suit him more than Peterborough and a nice average. 

Lawson always rated by Dickson and another who rides track well. His average has gone up in 22 but he may feel more secure there? Bates family ditched him just before 2021 season at Sheffield but reason for that now seems sorted. 

Would make a solid starting point 

Probable Connor Mountain would be a reserve pick too. 

33 minutes ago, Flappy said:

I will be working to build a Premiership team which is fully able to compete at that level, and I’m confident we will be able to do so.

“I do think there are advantages for the supporters with this, especially the increase in local derbies with the likes of Wolverhampton, Peterborough and Sheffield, and we’ll also look forward to welcoming their fans to Leicester.

So Glasgow wont be moving up if as you have said eleswhere Basso is returning to Peterborough 

Edited by scoobydoo

43 minutes ago, MARK246 said:

Peterborough are going Championship, belle vue paid for the use of lambert by letting Kurtz ride for Leicester, sorted

How does Lambert riding for belle Vue and Kurtz possible going to Leicester next year have any links at all.

38 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Love how Speedway makes up local Derbys, 70 odd mile between Leicester and Sheffield.

• Like 2