British Speedway Forum

Poole v Leicester v Poole play off final 21/22 October

Perhaps here are too many competitions placing pressure on the more successful clubs.  Those who make the play-offs will invariably reach the latter stages of other competitions as well hence the situation we are in now. By contrast, those who didn't find their seasons effectively over by the end of August in some cases just padding it out by running open meetings or, those who run NDL teams, able to use some of the remaining dates. Some years ago an attempt was made to address this situation. The top six teams went into the play-offs as now and the remaining clubs entered a second competition. Perhaps this instead of a Jubilee league ( this year) or what similar event we've had in the past or in the future might be a solution.

• Like 2

So many clubs are required to hold a minimum number of meetings over the 6-7 month season as part of their stadium rental agreements. Obviously they want/need all meetings to be 'meaningful' in order to maximise attendance through to the end of the season. If clubs only hold meetings say April to August then a stadium landlord could easily say the sport is not worth continuing. It's why building teams to improve, winning and continuing success are important.

Edited by Skidder1

17 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So many clubs are required to hold a minimum number of meetings over the 6-7 month season as part of their stadium rental agreements. Obviously they want/need all meetings to be 'meaningful' in order to maximise attendance through to the end of the season. If clubs only hold meetings say April to August then a stadium landlord could easily say the sport is not worth continuing. It's why building teams to improve, winning and continuing success are important.

Fair enough, but race the cup and trophy in months six and seven.

2 minutes ago, daz9100 said:

Nope, it was posted on the Ipswich website 2 days ago, could have been taken any time this year or even earlier

Was gonna say there's a bit of a crowd and some Stewards there

To be fair guys and galls I did give credit to the Ipswich website in my original post. And yes it's not a pic of the track today.

I just wanted to refocus us all what is to come. The play-off final 2nd leg. We're going to decide the League's best tomorrow (and Poole are going home unhappy).

Let's lighten up and hopefully get past the weather and enjoy a fair and hard-fought match between two top sides (yes, even Poole).

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, False dawn said:

To be fair guys and galls I did give credit to the Ipswich website in my original post. And yes it's not a pic of the track today.

I just wanted to refocus us all what is to come. The play-off final 2nd leg. We're going to decide the League's best tomorrow (and Poole are going home unhappy).

Let's lighten up and hopefully get past the weather and enjoy a fair and hard-fought match between two top sides (yes, even Poole).

Let's hope this goes ahead tomorrow and may the best team win.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

We all hope so but unfortunately the forecast on Met Office is for heavy showers during the day. 

Hey, I'm on a roll. Don't pour water on my happy mood. :rolleyes:

Let's talk about the riders, how well they go at Leicester, who might beat whom, are we going to get a Super Heat? Anything but the weather, please.

Just now, False dawn said:

Hey, I'm on a roll. Don't pour water on my happy mood. :rolleyes:

Let's talk about the riders, how well they go at Leicester, who might beat whom, are we going to get a Super Heat? Anything but the weather, please.

You can't have a superheat in the Champ? Thought that was just for Prem?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

You can't have a superheat in the Champ? Thought that was just for Prem?

Oh alright, you are correct.

But does the ref know that? Or do we get the cardboard box out again? :o