British Speedway Forum

Poole v Leicester v Poole play off final 21/22 October

30 minutes ago, soupy said:

Looks like a rain off on Saturday with the forecast and the cooks are both off to homeland earlier in the week.lol

Rain predicted Friday during the night and early part of Saturday morning. If it can't go ahead Saturday, could they go for Sunday instead which is looking ok?

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Not true. Cooks are not booking flights till all fixtures are done.  Howarth will be missing though!!

Which means Leicester do not get a facility for getting married . a med cert does not cover marrige . RR is there only option.

Edited by Starman2006

6 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Which means Leicester do not get a facility for getting married . he's not sick a med cert does not cover marrige . RR is there only option.

Maybe they are using the Garry May pad of medical certificates - surprised he's got any left to be honest?!:party:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Which means Leicester do not get a facility for getting married . he's not sick a med cert does not cover marrige . RR is there only option.

IF they don't get a facility, then they don't get R/R as that is a facility.  

• Like 1

Hearing the Leicester track man Graham thinks the track is currently in a terrible state and “beyond redemption” Caused by the amount of clay in it.  They have been working on it today but conditions are bad.

So what are Leicester going to do about it? Or do we do the obvious and call the result after one leg? Seems unfair but if that’s the way the cookie crumbles, so be it.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

12 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Hearing from Leicester track man that the track is currently in a terrible state and “beyond redemption!” Caused by the amount of clay in it.  They have been working on it today but to no avail.

So what are Leicester going to do about it? Or do we do the obvious and call the result after one leg? Seems unfair but if that’s the way the cookie crumbles, so be it.

I literally have no idea. Could call it over one leg but very controversial. Could stage it at another venue. Could do it on aggregates from the league campaign or whoever finished top. All of those scenarios don't sit well with me though 

7 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

I literally have no idea. Could call it over one leg but very controversial. Could stage it at another venue. Could do it on aggregates from the league campaign or whoever finished top. All of those scenarios don't sit well with me though 

There must be something in rules?? Although prob venue change like Sheffield's pairs being at Leicester on Monday, ironic! Might have to go back to being at Sheffield! @NeilWatson

Edited by lisa-colette

8 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

Although I'm certainly not a lover of the playoffs ( or particularly Poole come to that, although that's success envy really) and think the league should still be a league and not an end of season ko cup, having got to this point no way can it be decided on the league positions or league meeting averages prior to the playoffs. Needs to be a meeting somehow, somewhere, if not unfortunately Poole will probably win the 'league' by the last 3 heats on Wednesday. 

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Just abandon the season,no one really cares anymore.Trophies mean nothing,the fans that’s left just want to watch racing.

That’s simply not true. We want champions who ever it is. No point participating in a sport if there’s no winner. Winning is everything. 

• Like 3