British Speedway Forum

Poole v Leicester v Poole play off final 21/22 October

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

See Sheffield Vs KL next Weds. Would we have priority considering it is our race night if Poole decide to run jubilee meeting next Weds? Haven't seen any confirmation when it is meant to be run. As wasn't it supposed to be today before playoff final was rained off last week. 

Maybe this is the end of "protected" race nights? :D.  Just goes to show what a farce it is (trying to) running meetings at the back end of October.  It happens every year, yet they don't do anything about it.  I'm half glad I'm out of it all, but if the Diamonds did return (I know it ain't gonna happen) I'd be there in a flash.

• Like 2

At this time of year maybe it's worth trying to use farmyard manure to help prepare tracks? A good few tons spread evenly on top should dry quite quickly especially in a week like this one, with the semi-digested straw content absorbing moisture from the saturated clay beneath. Then it would be a case of grading it all together. 

20 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Looking at the photo of the Leicester track yesterday, I am not sure it will be sorted for Saturday? 

It has rained again overnight. Its very wet everywhere & just not drying out. Time will tell i guess

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Big Al said:

At this time of year maybe it's worth trying to use farmyard manure to help prepare tracks? A good few tons spread evenly on top should dry quite quickly especially in a week like this one, with the semi-digested straw content absorbing moisture from the saturated clay beneath. Then it would be a case of grading it all together. 

That's why Poole's track copes well with the rain, they have manure riding on it every week (sorry, couldn't resist).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

See Sheffield Vs KL next Weds. Would we have priority considering it is our race night if Poole decide to run jubilee meeting next Weds? Haven't seen any confirmation when it is meant to be run. As wasn't it supposed to be today before playoff final was rained off last week. 

Jason Edwards has been told he must go to Sheffield *  Belle Vue  for one reserve ride, rather than take up to 12 rides at Mildenhall in their final double header tomorrow, so that would suggest Poole and Leicester ought to get priority over Lawson, R Worrall and Mountain.

But that's me naively assuming that decisions will be made on  a logically consistent basis. :rofl:

* Edited to correct error on my part.

Edited by arnieg
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, HGould said:

Bullies + Trolls don't like it up em 

Cowards all. 

Trolling a trill, giving it back to bullies. 

Lovely Jubly 

Go figure saddo

Thank you. You’ve just confirmed that you are a child after all. Go outside and play with your mates, if you have any. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Jason Edwards has been told he must go to Sheffield for one reserve ride, rather than take up to 12 rides at Mildenhall in their final double header tomorrow, so that would suggest Poole and Leicester ought to get priority over Lawson, R Worrall and Mountain.

But that's me naively assuming that decisions will be made on  a logically consistent basis. :rofl:

He has to have 3 rides !

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Think you can forget all about the Jubilee thingy 

42 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Anyone know what the weather is doing?

Good news it's 18 degrees in Leicester with warm sunshine and a strong drying wind, today's weather just may save the weekend's meeting as long as the rain that is predicted over the next 3 days isn't too heavy

4 minutes ago, iainb said:

Good news it's 18 degrees in Leicester with warm sunshine and a strong drying wind, today's weather just may save the weekend's meeting as long as the rain that is predicted over the next 3 days isn't too heavy

Bad news is that the track curator is hundreds of miles away so they can’t turn the shale over to dry what’s underneath the top surface.