British Speedway Forum

Poole v Leicester v Poole play off final 21/22 October

24 minutes ago, BTFC LION said:

Wonderful theory,  I was there on the day of the photo, the tyre packing marks are my handy work , when a photo is taken on a phone it is date and time stamped, so I think you are very wrong!

Just checked  Oct 31st at 16.29. Does that clear it up for you?

Like I said don't know how true it is in my previous post so yes it clears it up for me thanks 

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Interesting. I thought Steve might be fed up with the travelling after two seasons. I would hope we definitely having Lawson and both Cook's. Also, one of Steve or Danny, but I don't mind which one stays! 

I think Danny King is one of those rare riders that offers far more than just points. 

He's an excellent Captain on and off the track and even when he may be under par points wise is always helping others. He takes pressure off others. 

Lawson is a big points scorer but has never really wanted captaincy responsibilities although a good mentor. Worrall may be the more dispensible of the three. 

If any of them were free and available, I'd want Danny at Brummies over the other pair every day of the week. Top bloke. 

14 minutes ago, HGould said:

I think Danny King is one of those rare riders that offers far more than just points. 

He's an excellent Captain on and off the track and even when he may be under par points wise is always helping others. He takes pressure off others. 

Lawson is a big points scorer but has never really wanted captaincy responsibilities although a good mentor. Worrall may be the more dispensible of the three. 

If any of them were free and available, I'd want Danny at Brummies over the other pair every day of the week. Top bloke. 

Good points there. I'd have Richard first, especially on his average. But as I say out of Danny and Steve I don't really have a preference. Be weird to see either of them riding for a different team as both been at Poole since joined the Champ. 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Hmm didn't Richard also have a puncture though? Didn't stop him much ;)

I have no idea, if he did I completely missed it. I think Worrall's stood out because he got slower as the race went on and was remonstrating with his machine at the pit gate! 

43 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I have no idea, if he did I completely missed it. I think Worrall's stood out because he got slower as the race went on and was remonstrating with his machine at the pit gate! 

Haha, well yes I suppose that would make it more noticeable. They guys on BSN said both Richard and Richie had punctures and ref had to go to the pits. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Haha, well yes I suppose that would make it more noticeable. They guys on BSN said both Richard and Richie had punctures and ref had to go to the pits. 

The ref was certainly called to the pits and there was talk of the track causing the punctures but  it didn't affect anyone else so no idea what was the cause.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, foreverblue said:

The ref was certainly called to the pits and there was talk of the track causing the punctures but  it didn't affect anyone else so no idea what was the cause.

The ref agreed that extra tyres could be issued and used.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Great ride by Cook who was hugely impressive all night, but Worrall suffered a puncture on that last lap, his rear tyre was as flat as a pancake going over the finish line.

Worral actually left his innertube all over the start finish line. God knows what happened to the tyre.

• Thanks 1