British Speedway Forum

Poole v Leicester v Poole play off final 21/22 October

9 minutes ago, Essex said:

If that is the case should we stick with Nathan after all he's had a full season in this league and has clearly struggled but is that because he is not good enough of is it his equipment that is not good enough.

More often than not it is a bit of both, I think Nathan should be given another season, he has improved over the season, i would keep Danny King, Richard Lawson, both Cooks and Nathan,  let Kemp and Worrall go.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

More often than not it is a bit of both, I think Nathan should be given another season, he has improved over the season, i would keep Danny King, Richard Lawson, both Cooks and Nathan,  let Kemp and Worrall go.

That's the trouble with having three no'1s and the chefs who have improved immensely you have to let one go as success costs jobs still whoever is let go they won't be short of offers and if it is Steve and he is northern based he'll have a pick from a few clubs as apart from at Poole he will be riding No 1 as we can be sure it won't be Richard who is let go but who knows one thing we all can take for granted the Ford's will build a side that will be up there again as always.

i'm feeling Danny King will be one to move on, not sure why, but think he'll still be travelling down south, and a bit further than Poole.

no idea on averages but would they be able to keep the other 6 and get a mid/low averaged rider in?

Edited by stevehone
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, stevehone said:

i'm feeling Danny King will be one to move on, not sure why, but think he'll still be travelling down south, and a bit further than Poole.

no idea on averages but would they be able to keep the other 6 and get a mid/low averaged rider in?

I hope. Not, Danny is the captain and one of my favorite riders, he isn't getting any younger but still has alot to give and never gives up. If we have to let one of our heat leaders go it has to be Steve Worrall. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

I know it's impossible, but I would be quite happy for the same 7 to come to the tapes in 2023

With one team less next season then why not let the winners of the play offs be the benchmark for the others to aspire to?

Or even use Leicester's averages as they "won" the actual league itself...

Seven riders, including 3 heat leaders, from Leicester will become available so plenty of potential for teams to strengthen up to get nearer the top teams...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mikebv said:

With one team less next season then why not let the winners of the play offs be the benchmark for the others to aspire to?

Or even use Leicester's averages as they "won" the actual league itself...

Seven riders, including 3 heat leaders, from Leicester will become available so plenty of potential for teams to strengthen up to get nearer the top teams...

Yes I quite agree, every season the team has to be broken up because of there success, riders riding themselves out of a job in some cases 

3 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Yes I quite agree, every season the team has to be broken up because of there success, riders riding themselves out of a job in some cases 

With a reduced average and one less team to fill I would think that the riders on or around a 7 will potentially struggle to get a ride. 

• Like 1

Just heard a strange one here..from what I've been told the picture that Leicester put up of busters amazing track work was a photo taken months prior and when buster turned up he saw it and said no chance and left it . So the king's Lynn track use was agreed a while before hand. Don't know how it is though

17 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

Just heard a strange one here..from what I've been told the picture that Leicester put up of busters amazing track work was a photo taken months prior and when buster turned up he saw it and said no chance and left it . So the king's Lynn track use was agreed a while before hand. Don't know how it is though

Interesting! 

33 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

That info was published a week or so ago!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

That info was published a week or so ago!

Not the picture from Monday though, was it? There was a picture on here lifted from the Ippo website that was taken some time ago

16 minutes ago, wtf said:

prepare yourself for disappointment I'm afraid

Interesting. I thought Steve might be fed up with the travelling after two seasons. I would hope we definitely having Lawson and both Cook's. Also, one of Steve or Danny, but I don't mind which one stays! 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Tough decisions to be made but let’s savour the moment. We went through the whole season without a single change to the lineup and our heat leaders were pretty much rock solid. Our second strings were exactly that with up and down meetings (mostly up) and our reserves battled.

People have been on Drew’s case as he seems to take every race defeat as a personal insult but he has increased his average by a fair amount. A shame he couldn’t keep his early season form going. Don’t think riding in the premier league helps him to be honest at this stage of his career. He needs to be concentrating on getting consistent in the Championship and build his confidence. 

36 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Tough decisions to be made but let’s savour the moment. We went through the whole season without a single change to the lineup and our heat leaders were pretty much rock solid. Our second strings were exactly that with up and down meetings (mostly up) and our reserves battled.

People have been on Drew’s case as he seems to take every race defeat as a personal insult but he has increased his average by a fair amount. A shame he couldn’t keep his early season form going. Don’t think riding in the premier league helps him to be honest at this stage of his career. He needs to be concentrating on getting consistent in the Championship and build his confidence. 

Yes agree, I am one who has been on his case . I thought his attitude at Kings Lynn was terrible, we had just won the title and he was nowhere to be seen, i know he felt he could have won heat 14 but these things happen you don't go into a big sulk, Middlo had to beckon him over several times to pick up his medal then other riders had to encourage to try to enjoy the moment, I didn't notice it much at the time apart from he seemed to be always at the back not wanting to be part of it but watched it back on BSN and it is more obvious I can't imagine the other riders or management appreciated it. Lawson for example had never won a title before, he was superb on the night and he ended up trying to get Drew to enjoy it. I spoke to Kyle Newman at Poole in the first leg and personally would love to have him back in the team. 

• Like 1

On 11/6/2022 at 11:22 AM, FishersGate said:

Wonderful theory,  I was there on the day of the photo, the tyre packing marks are my handy work , when a photo is taken on a phone it is date and time stamped, so I think you are very wrong!

Just checked  Oct 31st at 16.29. Does that clear it up for you?

Edited by BTFC LION
More info.
  • Like 4

The reports of the Leicester track and the reason it was aborted, wasn’t because of what it looked like after the work had been done. It was because it was spongy going into the bends and therefore not safe for the riders. With no chance of getting this moisture out the decision was made to move it to Kings Lynn. Reported on BSN on the stream.

• Like 1