British Speedway Forum

Poole v Leicester v Poole play off final 21/22 October

1 hour ago, topaz325 said:

Last chance should have been late September ...

It should and might have been  but for postponements right from outset. Firstly, both original home and away legs of the quarter finals fell foul of the weather and had to be re-staged, Poole having three attempts to get their meeting at Plymouth completed thus delaying the competition by a fortnight. Then they had a further three goes to get past Glasgow before that was completed on 2nd October.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, lewy said:

With the second leg being at kings Lynn it really has made a complete mockery of the playoffs for Poole because if they win,there is absolutely no credibility in it for them as they have obviously had an advantage of the 1st leg at Wimborne Road thus having home advantage, on the other hand Leicester if they win it will be massive as they have had to race both legs on away tracks. I'm sure even the most blinkered Poole fans would rather win it at Leicester than kings Lynn. It's just crazy imo.

You keep thinking that. In fact there are several posters on this thread as well as you who are trying desperately to make this second leg as meaningless as possible.

Yes we are all aware of you and others hatred of all things Poole but the final does mean something to both clubs. Don’t forget this farce has nothing whatsoever to do with Poole. We rode last week on a track that was far from normal, caught out the team taking away any home advantage and it was only when the track settled in the latter heats we managed to get a small lead. Under normal circumstances we would have had a 55-35 scoreline. 

Leicester have done their best to sort their track but it’s come down to this. Yes it’s a farce. But no other choice. Let the best team win, let’s learn from it and make sure it’s not repeated next season.

The big winners are BSN who will have hundreds of extra viewers.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Of course Poole would prefer it to be at Leicester but it isn't so have to make the best of what's arranged - as do Leicester.

Agreed, but if Leicester win it would be a greater achievement than Poole, due to the fact that they have had to race 2 away tracks. Nothing to do with my dislike of Poole merely stating the obvious. 

13 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Leicester have done their best to sort their track but it’s come down to this. Yes it’s a farce. But no other choice. Let the best team win, let’s learn from it and make sure it’s not repeated next season.

The big winners are BSN who will have hundreds of extra viewers.

Maybe, and True 

7 minutes ago, lewy said:

Agreed, but if Leicester win it would be a greater achievement than Poole, due to the fact that they have had to race 2 away tracks. Nothing to do with my dislike of Poole merely stating the obvious. 

Well let's hope it doesn't come to that and Poole are able to celebrate their 'underachievement' again.:t:

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

I wonder if Leicester will get the opportunity to practice during the day at KL to try and restore some 'home track' advantage.. 

Perhaps Poole will do the right thing and not send any riders out for the first 2 heats... excuse me I've got to go a pig has just landed on my roof!

12 minutes ago, iainb said:

Perhaps Poole will do the right thing and not send any riders out for the first 2 heats... excuse me I've got to go a pig has just landed on my roof!

Why would we do that? You seem to think we should start from 0-0 as Leicester couldn’t get their track sorted? Why in earth is it Poole’s fault? We had to struggle for over half of last weeks meeting due to the track not being great.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

There was a post  somewhere on here from i think BTFC Lion a track man at Leicester ( I might of got the name wrong. Sorry if i have) a lot of pages ago that there was only one way on and off the track for the tractor, and i did many trips carrying the small water tank  that they were draining the water into back and forth across a part of the track, and it had damaged it. Maybe the damaged section hasn't been able to be fixed sufficiently in this wet weather to gamble racing 30 heats on it. Just my thoughts on what might be the reason . We have had rain during the night  in Lynn, but it stopped midday and has been dry since. Finger crossed for all travelling.

Longer hose so tractor doesn't have to keep going back and forth, may have worked maybe not, or does the hose have to be of a homologation type for management  committee approval.

I haven't a clue if Oxford were asked or able to run the meeting, but they have no Greyhound meetings friday/Saturday due to it being Bonfire night Saturday and fireworks and dogs don't mix.

Both Leicester and Poole did very well on their visits to Oxford with plenty of good racing.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Why would we do that? You seem to think we should start from 0-0 as Leicester couldn’t get their track sorted? Why in earth is it Poole’s fault? We had to struggle for over half of last weeks meeting due to the track not being great.

But you still had home advantage, home crowd etc talk about thick.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Longer hose so tractor doesn't have to keep going back and forth, may have worked maybe not, or does the hose have to be of a homologation type for management  committee approval.

I haven't a clue if Oxford were asked or able to run the meeting, but they have no Greyhound meetings friday/Saturday due to it being Bonfire night Saturday and fireworks and dogs don't mix.

Both Leicester and Poole did very well on their visits to Oxford with plenty of good racing.

I've said all along should have been run at Oxford, easy to get to for both sets of fans 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

I've said all along should have been run at Oxford, easy to get to for both sets of fans 

Too obvious. Poole fans would have outnumbered Leicester 2 to 1. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

I wouldn't think Oxford would want all the hassle as they prepare for their big end of season celebrations at the stadium on Saturday!!? Not withstanding any restriction on capacity numbers able to attend?

Edited by Skidder1

25 minutes ago, lewy said:

But you still had home advantage, home crowd etc talk about thick.

And that's exactly the reason why nobody likes Poole!

It's the only way to have anything positive come out of this whole sorry situation

Edited by iainb

2 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

It's not really Poole's fault what is going on, that is down to the powers that be 

But Poole have it in their power to make things right. 

A gesture like that would go a long way to repairing the damage done to the sport

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1