British Speedway Forum

Poole v Leicester v Poole play off final 21/22 October

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If you think fans can drive from Poole to Kings Lynn on a Friday afternoon in 4 hours 2 mins you are living in cloud cuckoo land. Clearly you don’t drive much as Leicester to Oxford is much quicker than to Kings Lynn, which is in the backside of nowhere. Leicester, M1 down to Northampton, dual carriageway past Silverstone down to m40. Then down A 34 to Oxford. Easy run. From Poole, through New Forest, M27, M3, A34, Stadium. 

Of all the teams to get to from Poole, Kings Lynn is one of the worst, with the exception of Scottish clubs and teams in the NE. It’s quicker to get to BV and Sheffield than KL. 

I should know I have driven to KL many, many times. And coming back no doubt Poole fans will suffer Road closures and detours. Still, the time will wiz by if we have a title to celebrate! 

You should be a politician ,Shuvvy for Transport Minister ;). It's 30-40 miles extra. You either come or you don't.. But please allow for any delays.

image.jpeg.bcd36c230257c4c878254f3cd388a67c.jpeg

8 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

This has taken the shine off completely whoever wins. Actually if Leicester win it I may be actually even more sad knowing I couldn't be there !!!! The trophy is tainted after this shambles

I can get to this... I won't though, it's lost all credibility now... and I travelled up to Glasgow on a Tuesday evening the last time we were in the final!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

And yet we have only lost there by 2 and 6 this season. The 2 point loss more recent one.

There you have it. Shovvy's ready-made excuse if the Lions win on aggregate! "Not fair! We would have won if it had been at Leicester!" :D

Not going to Rome this year Steve? :D

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

There you have it. Shovvy's ready-made excuse if the Lions win on aggregate! "Not fair! We would have won if it had been at Leicester!" :D

Not going to Rome this year Steve? :D

No I was there in early September and Amalfi with the beautiful coastline. 

No excuses if Leicester win. I would prefer this at Leicester but pretty sure Richard Lawson will give good advice to the team on riding Saddlebow. 

I do close to Kings Lynn down to Poole most weeks, it can be a nightmare or it can be ok, Leicester certainly have the easier trip and that’s only fair, shame it’s on a weekday though.

weather forecast for KL Friday looks good surrounded by plenty of wet leading up to it so this should at least be guaranteed to be on

19 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

Haven't heard a thing . Which is even more insulting to the fans. 

I think the Leicester promotion have proved once and for all they don't give a toss about the fans!

• Like 1

Clearly an experiment for a new format for next years play -offs. Idea is to give teams a chance of beating the club that scored most points during the regular season. (Some would call that team “the league winners”) 

Under the new format the team that finishes the season with most points gets to choose their semi-final opponent. 
Then should they overcome this hurdle, they will ride the first leg v the winners of the other semi final at their place before holding the second leg on a neutral track.  
Of course this is only a joke as any sport that wishes to be taken seriously & considered professional would never propose such a ludicrous scenario. - or would they? 

Free coaches?? So Leicester will have lost the gate for the final and your asking them to fork out Thousands for coaches to take people to Kings Lynn where they won’t see the ticket money anyway.

it’s not Leicesters fault so why should they have to put themselves even further into the hole to get this farce of a season done.

• Like 2

Just watched part of the live Pirates podcast on YouTube with Zack Cook. Neither he or Ben or Nathan have ever ridden at Kings Lynn. The three are taking all advice from Richard Lawson who will give advise on bike setups and which lines to take. Going to be a baptism of fire.

All the Leicester team know the KL track.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

Free coaches?? So Leicester will have lost the gate for the final and your asking them to fork out Thousands for coaches to take people to Kings Lynn where they won’t see the ticket money anyway.

it’s not Leicesters fault so why should they have to put themselves even further into the hole to get this farce of a season done.

Leicester will get gate money of course. Get the fans to the stadium, get the money in the gate to cover the rental if the stadium. Or charge £10-15 coach. Either way give their fans the opportunity to attend.

13 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just watched part of the live Pirates podcast on YouTube with Zack Cook. Neither he or Ben or Nathan have ever ridden at Kings Lynn. The three are taking all advice from Richard Lawson who will give advise on bike setups and which lines to take. Going to be a baptism of fire.

All the Leicester team know the KL track.

Ablitt will have ridden at KL on GB Youth Training days and GB Youth Rounds. 

Doubt he's raced in senior action though. 

He'll have done plenty of laps there though. 

Same with Kemp. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

Presumably Leicester aren't short of a few bob as they are wanting to go Premiership on an off race night next season?!

• Like 2