British Speedway Forum

Poole v Leicester v Poole play off final 21/22 October

26 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So Flagrag was wrong and posted misleading information? 

I have always found Flagrag posts spot on and accurate but clearly not this time.
Perhaps you should have picked up Flagrag on his post as most on here believe what he posts as correct.

As you are the trackman at Leicester there is no reason not to believe you.  But I am sure Flagrag didn’t post his information to mislead everyone.

My only problem was that you said it was information from a trackman at Leicester,  

People can post what they like and what they think is right , 

I work all day, then straight to the track after work most nights, so don't have time to read everything, I was alerted to you post by phone call today, that's why I reacted to it. In fact I have had to read about 9 pages just to catch up with it all. Please be more careful with who you credit your information from.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BTFC LION said:

My only problem was that you said it was information from a trackman at Leicester,  

People can post what they like and what they think is right , 

I work all day, then straight to the track after work most nights, so don't have time to read everything, I was alerted to you post by phone call today, that's why I reacted to it. In fact I have had to read about 9 pages just to catch up with it all. Please be more careful with who you credit your information from.

People can post what they like but although I am very active on this forum I do try to make sure my posts are accurate.

Flagrag has a good reputation on here and has posted for many years so there was no reason not to believe him. I am sure his post wasn’t intentially misleading.

Hopefully, and judging by the picture posted earlier it’s all systems go for Friday. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

....... and judging by the picture posted earlier it’s all systems go for Friday. 

Amen to that, me old sparring partner.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You there? Come and say hello. Will be on first bend.

Hey, I'm the host (well, sort of, seeing as I'm really a Bees fan). You come and see me. B)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Hey, I'm the host (well, sort of, seeing as I'm really a Bees fan). You come and see me. B)

Me and Rob always do an almost circuit of the stadium before the meeting so will look out for you. Going to be a knife edge meeting. Don’t be too disappointed. ;)

Edited by Steve Shovlar

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

No they are not, all those fans are regulars , but i wouldn't think the majority will now go having been let down 3 times. Sadly Dan had to cancel the coaches . As somebody else eluded to, BSM will be the winners now, but Leicester will lose somewhere in the region of £3 k plus on the gate hard cash.
I still hope we win, but you cannot bugger fans around like that.

Not sure fans have been buggered about…. Rain happens 

37 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

The fans have been b#ggered about all season with these fixtures messes .This is what it accumulates in.

I've been to Leicester all season, home and many away, I've purchased the BSN+ pass for the pairs and I've been encouraged to buy into the Jubilee Trophy.

I've been waiting since Leicester completed their league campaign on the 24th of July, over 3 months ago, for the pay offs, I've been short changed with the pairs and the Jubilee Trophy is being treated as if it never existed!

Yes, I'm feeling pretty buggered about!

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

People can post what they like but although I am very active on this forum I do try to make sure my posts are accurate.

Flagrag has a good reputation on here and has posted for many years so there was no reason not to believe him. I am sure his post wasn’t intentially misleading.

Hopefully, and judging by the picture posted earlier it’s all systems go for Friday. 

I am sorry if I have misled anyone I don’t believe i have ever credited myself as track curator in fact totally the opposite I would much rather be warm in an office than driving round on a tractor.

BTFC Lion is the main man on the track putting in the graft and deserves a medal for the hours that he has been putting in this season ,  I was simply commenting on the information that was provided to me about plans to try to get the meeting on for Friday in an attempt to reassure fans that fingers crossed this weeks rain will not damage the track as much this week.

Edited by flagrag
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, flagrag said:

I am sorry if I have misled anyone I don’t believe i have ever credited myself as track curator in fact totally the opposite I would much rather be warm in an office than driving round on a tractor.

BTFC Lion is the main man on the track putting in the graft and deserves a medal for the hours that he has been putting in this season ,  I was simply commenting on the information that was provided to me about plans to try to get the meeting on for Friday in an attempt to reassure fans that fingers crossed this weeks rain will not damage the track as much this week.

Yes and I am sure we are all grateful for the information as some of us are coming a long way but I must say in fairness to the Leicester promotion we have been told before most of us have left home and grateful to Steve and Skidder for posting information on here in a effort to help which is not always accepted with good grace. I am sure we all realise and grateful for the amount of time given freely by the track men, it is often a thankless task and much appreciated by us all. 

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

And so this thread reaches 100 pages in a month and the fixture is still not completed. Some going even for BSF!! Hope that's not too arrogant for some posters.

But about 97 of them have just been about the weather..... :D

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, mikebv said:

But about 97 of them have just been about the weather..... :D

I know you don't talk about the weather much in Manchester because it's ALWAYS raining... but all this rain is a bit of a novelty for the rest of us :rofl:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, iainb said:

I know you don't talk about the weather much in Manchester because it's ALWAYS raining... but all this rain is a bit of a novelty for the rest of us :rofl:

Yep...

We didnt have any issue designing a track which directly faced the post 7pm sunset...:D

• Haha 2

So both teams track their full 1-7s.as per the Lions website. Everyone is back that should be back and nobody has gone home early. As it should be. I wonder if any will be borrowing machinery?

In the meantime Danny Ford is calling for the whole fixture schedule to be sorted out once and for all! www.bournemouthecho.co.uk

9 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Yep...

We didnt have any issue designing a track which directly faced the post 7pm sunset...:D

Hope they paid a bit extra for the new pioneering glass in the windows that it seems has been fitted to many homes up and down the country so that when you look out of it from miles away you can see whats happening with the weather and track preparation at anytime of the day or night ,results seem to now suggest its a go to must for every speedway fan  :D

7 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Ultimately it’s the weather and poor organising of fixtures is the reason we are here...

Leicester's league programme was finished on the 24th of July after one of the driest summers on record... it's purely down to poor organisation