British Speedway Forum

Poole v Leicester v Poole play off final 21/22 October

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

When is Howarth's return flight?

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

The only person not 'in charge' at Glasgow was the referee!!

If you were a sponsor or whatever you are at my club I would take a very dim view of the stuff you come out with on here.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

The only person not 'in charge' at Glasgow was the referee!!

And this conclusion was arrived at how.

Of course he was contrary to what you think.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gazc said:

And this conclusion was arrived at how.

of course he was contrary to what you think.

I’m not sure it matters though does it? The situation has been clarified by both sides. Glasgow felt the track conditions were deteriorating and that although it might be rideable it wasn’t raceable. Poole were happy to continue. The referee agreed with Glasgow. Poole were disappointed but not deflated given the scores when the two legs were staged. 
My opinion, note the word opinion, was that Glasgow were always going to be beaten on aggregate. Running r/r for Ostergaard, losing Hume to injury, having Tom Brennan in the middle of a flat out run of meetings and with Craig Cook being less than at his best, certainly hindered them especially up against a team with an unchanged all season 1-7 and arguably the best team spirit in the league. It therefore follows - opinion again - that Glasgow should have continued the meeting at Ashfield rather than incurring the cost of restaging. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

I’m not sure it matters though does it? The situation has been clarified by both sides. Glasgow felt the track conditions were deteriorating and that although it might be rideable it wasn’t raceable. Poole were happy to continue. The referee agreed with Glasgow. Poole were disappointed but not deflated given the scores when the two legs were staged. 
My opinion, note the word opinion, was that Glasgow were always going to be beaten on aggregate. Running r/r for Ostergaard, losing Hume to injury, having Tom Brennan in the middle of a flat out run of meetings and with Craig Cook being less than at his best, certainly hindered them especially up against a team with an unchanged all season 1-7 and arguably the best team spirit in the league. It therefore follows - opinion again - that Glasgow should have continued the meeting at Ashfield rather than incurring the cost of restaging. 

Can’t disagree with that, as it turned out it was all rather too easy for Poole.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

At the moment Thursday and Friday are looking reasonable as far as the weather is concerned ....

I've just looked at the met office rainfall forecast for the next 5 days... they can forget about doing any meaningful work on the track this week I think

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/maps-and-charts/rainfall-radar-forecast-map

44 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Well I thought there is only allowed to be one meeting per month after 31st Oct and Sheffield Vs KL is already on Weds 2nd. :unsure:

But is that a rule, a policy, a guideline or an aspiration? ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lucifer sam said:

Good point. But the gospel according to Lisa Colette then decrees that Poole v Glasgow is wiped from the records last season, since it happened on November 4th and Glasgow v Poole had already occurred on November 2nd. Glasgow therefore won the league 50-40 from the only staged leg.

Do you want to change your mind about this one?  :D

Haha. I couldn't remember when the first leg was last year, thought it might actually have been in October!! Lol.

3 hours ago, topaz325 said:

At the moment Thursday and Friday are looking reasonable as far as the weather is concerned ....

I view of the facts that this is a double header, which will take at least four hours to complete, and there is a curfew at Beaumont Park, I would think that next Sunday afternoon would be the best time for the meeting.

5 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

If you were a sponsor or whatever you are at my club I would take a very dim view of the stuff you come out with on here.

And people think Shovlar is bad for Poole Speedway. 

Skidmark twice as bad IMO.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

I view of the facts that this is a double header, which will take at least four hours to complete, and there is a curfew at Beaumont Park, I would think that next Sunday afternoon would be the best time for the meeting.

No point agreeing a date til track is dry enough.