British Speedway Forum

Poole v Leicester v Poole play off final 21/22 October

Perhaps next season they should bring in a rule that if a postponed fixture is not run with the next 7days(Teams have alternative race nights)the points are shared and the fixture not rerun.Too much blaming the other things at times when it is rider availability that causes the real delays and fixture chaos.

Fromafar yes agree with you 100%.  Problem is getting anyone in "promoter land" to even acknowledge that there is a problem. 

Once has a conversation with a " promoter" who IMO was foolishly taking his club up to he 1st Division. " it's my club, my money and I'll run it how I want to " was his reply. Well his money run out, the foray into Division 1 was a disaster from which the club never recovered. I tar them all with the same brush with VERY FEW exceptions.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HGould said:

It's at Shovlar house pumping up his backside to keep his ego inflated

At least he let us traveling Poole supporters know it was off today, i expect he will let us know the restaging date long before it's announced 

Edited by Arthur54

Fromafar yes agree with you 100%.  Problem is getting anyone in "promoter land" to even acknowledge that there is a problem. 

Once has a conversation with a " promoter" who IMO was foolishly taking his club up to he 1st Division. " it's my club, my money and I'll run it how I want to " was his reply. Well his money run out, the foray into Division 1 was a disaster from which the club never recovered. I tar them all with the same brush with VERY FEW exceptions.  

19 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

So what do you suggest as we move into November 

give the Title to the team who finished top… all you do is suggest ideas that suit Poole and act as if Leicester have done this deliberately!! 

if this was the other way round no way you would be pushing for anything else 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Next Friday was the touted date.

Rain forecast for next 6 days 
Surely very unlikely the meeting will go ahead anytime soon  

Edited by 1 valve

16 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

give the Title to the team who finished top… all you do is suggest ideas that suit Poole and act as if Leicester have done this deliberately!! 

if this was the other way round no way you would be pushing for anything else 

Why should Poole agree that, all teams signed up knowing whoever won the playoffs would be champions

If Poole were in the position Leicester are in right now, you know very well this thread would be double the pages it is now 

• Like 3