British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue v Ipswich Play off semi 2nd leg 3 Oct

5 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

To me a simple minded fool it doesnt,so to recap a rider who has no interest in riding in this country fancys a couple extra meetings to add to his bank balance ,sorry would have rather seen guests the sport is a joke i hope lambert has a couple of stinkers without getting injured !

But he's only been signed to replace an injured rider? Its not a tactical change.

Whatever the rights and wrongs having the world number five in the Play Offs is great for the neutral.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

Got to love Speedway and its rule book, eh?

What is the point of having a rule that specifically prevents this if it is then overridden?

Yes, there is also a "long-term injury" rule allowing signings, but that is relevant to the transfer-windows, not the end of the season, although I'm sure they will quote this rule as the reason it was allowed. In which case, why disallow it in the first place?

Still, from a neutral point of view, having Lambert ride makes the meeting more appealing to watch. So why not just include the "long-term injury" rule in the "no signings after August 31" rule. Then there's no argument?

Rule No1.

All Rules must remain as ambiguous as is possible, so as we can all get them interpreted in our favour as and when required, to suit our own specific agendas throughout the season...

Rule No2

Rule No1 must be followed at all times..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I suppose we'll have to expect Kelvin gushing all over his return this evening on Eurosport!?

Here's a tip for you, record it and start watching 45-60 minutes after the programme starts, then you can fast forward through all the shoite between the races.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

But he's only been signed to replace an injured rider? Its not a tactical change.

Whatever the rights and wrongs having the world number five in the Play Offs is great for the neutral.

Great for a neutral I agree and great for British speedway - but were was he when the British final was run ? And had his Polish team wanted him he’d not be In Manchester tonight that for sure . Make no mistake he’s here for one reason only Robert Lamberts bank balance- doesn’t care about Belle Vue or British speedway or he’d signed for Belle Vue back in March 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Bewley finished 2021 on 9.14

But he has been out since then..

So with his reduction for that he should come in on a 4.00 and be able to replace Jye Etheridge if he mysteriously develops long term ear ache tonight which rules him out of the rest of the season... :D

Great to have Robert involved.. 

An Aces Legend returning.... :D

Just now, mikebv said:

But he has been out since then..

So with his reduction for that he should come in on a 4.00 and be able to replace Jye Etheridge if he mysteriously develops long term ear ache tonight which rules him out of the rest of the season... :D

Great to have Robert involved.. 

An Aces Legend returning.... :D

As high as that... Your new lawyer isn't doing his job properly:P

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Haza said:

Great for a neutral I agree and great for British speedway - but were was he when the British final was run ? And had his Polish team wanted him he’d not be In Manchester tonight that for sure . Make no mistake he’s here for one reason only Robert Lamberts bank balance- doesn’t care about Belle Vue or British speedway or he’d signed for Belle Vue back in March 

No way...

Robert grew up an Aces fan..

His dream being to ride for the Aces and pull on that famous Ace of Clubs body colour...

He had an Aces matching pillow and duvet set, and posters of Jason Crump and Ricky Kling on the walls of his bedroom...

And Aces PJ's too...

Oh Yes. No worries about Robert's devotion to the Aces.. 

:D

• Haha 6

Just now, mikebv said:

No way...

Robert grew up an Aces fan..

His dream being to ride for the Aces and pull on that famous Ace of Clubs body colour...

He had an Aces matching pillow and duvet set, and posters of Jason Crump and Ricky Kling on the walls of his bedroom...

And Aces PJ's too...

Oh Yes. No worries about Robert's devotion to the Aces.. 

:D

Please don't become the new Steve Shuvvy :D

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Haza said:

I expect while the GP and Polish league is on he (and Bewley) would rather do their supplementary racing in Sweden once a week rather than flying in and out of the UK. The point I was making is that he is an injury replacement an opportunity has arisen because Max Fricke had an awful crash. You can argue the rights and wrongs of our top three not racing here but when they do they should be enjoyed IMO, and I maintain the reason they all don't ride here regularly is because of the way British Speedway has been run over the years. If it was a better, stronger product they would probably be here.

• Like 1

Obviously Belle Vue were running scared that Ipswich would trounce them tonight and brought a ringer in!!!! Can only see an even bigger winning margin now as Lambert is in better form than Max.

21 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Yes but an injured rider who wasnt riding for belle vue when he crashed, soz it just goes against the grain wether it was lambert or anyone else the rule is there for all to see ,let it go to court get lambert to pay costs after he lost the case !

• Confused 1

Belle Vue with Max in. “Not a great team, probably choke, just don’t do it for me”

Belle Vue with Max injured and replaced by Lambert. “Might as well hand them the trophy now”.

No Lambert. “Lambert should be riding over here, I’m so angry he’s not”.

With Lambert. “Why is he riding over here, I’m so angry”.

Guest. “Guests are crazy especially in the play offs, no wonder they don’t take the sport seriously”.

No Guest. “They should be made to use guests, no wonder they don’t take the sport seriously”.

You guys are as dumb as. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1