British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2023

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Can’t argue with a single word spoken there. Now need to be very clever with the other six..

You can be as clever as you like but no promoter can guarantee an injury free season, most champions are either injury free or very lucky with signings or guests if they do get injuries ......

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Trees said:

You can be as clever as you like but no promoter can guarantee an injury free season, most champions are either injury free or very lucky with signings or guests if they do get injuries ......

Well that goes without saying on the injury front we all know you can pick the best side by a mile on paper and then have your season ruined in the first week of the season. 

My point stands, if you’re going with a rider at 1 who has an average as high as Doyle’s, you’re gonna have to pull a rabbit or two out the hat to be successful. We couldn’t even manage that this year with Doyle starting on a lower figure than the one he has now. Will be even harder next season as he’s not going to increase that figure this time around like he did this. 

Normally you see one or two who you think “crikey that’s low for him” but I don’t see many around other than the Danish lad at Lynn. May have to try and be “lucky” with a couple of newcomers and roll the dice. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Doyle 

kerr

riss

ellis

morris

4 euro newcomer

hume

Good backup for Doyle, Morris rides Foxhall better than monmore so should be stronger backup for Doyle along with Ellis, again great at Foxhall. Lewi gating ability at 2 with Doyle would produce lots of 5-1’s too imo

King to Peterborough then I'd take that

22 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Doyle 

kerr

riss

ellis

morris

4 euro newcomer

hume

Good backup for Doyle, Morris rides Foxhall better than monmore so should be stronger backup for Doyle along with Ellis, again great at Foxhall. Lewi gating ability at 2 with Doyle would produce lots of 5-1’s too imo

Trouble with that line up,, it's unlikely to happen,,, Sheffield won't let 2 riders go,, especially Kerr that done well once joining,,, and they will keep Ellis as their back up to Holder

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Trouble with that line up,, it's unlikely to happen,,, Sheffield won't let 2 riders go,, especially Kerr that done well once joining,,, and they will keep Ellis as their back up to Holder

Holder and musielak already confirmed, I wondered if Ellis may be on the move, time will tell

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Wasn’t it the awards last night? Anyone here go?

Just found this info on supporters club Facebook 

Rider of season  - Jason Doyle 

Most entertaining rider - Jason Doyle 

Junior witch rider of season  - Jason Doyle 

Most improved rider - Danyon Hume

Bonus points - Troy Batchelor 

• Thanks 1

On 11/7/2022 at 11:23 AM, ThinBlueWitch said:

Francis Gust is someone I’d be really intrigued to see in witches colours next season. Looks a fun hard working young rider. I certainly wouldn’t mind taking Pickering from our friends north of the great divide 

Stay away from compost corner thank you very much ;)

• Like 1