1 Doyle 10.32

2 Hume 4.09

3 Klindt 7.39

4 Riss 6.00

5 Iversen 7.59

6.Starke 3.53

7.Rowe 3.00

Total 41.92

I really like this team, having a strong top 3 would be great for Ipswich and keeping Doyle is a must for me, he's top class entertainment. 

I'd make changes at reserve though, Drew Kemp in place of Rowe, although Drew has been very disappointing in 2022 I think everyone knows he's very talented and he has kept working this season despite poor results. I believe with Doyles help and having a home track he knows he could have a great 2023. Also I worry about Rowe, will he disappear off to Poland again and be 'injured' when an Ipswich meeting in on again.

Also, possibly Knudsen, Juhl Pedersen or Gusts in place of Starke. However this may be wishful thinking and I'm not sure if their average will be 4.00.

On 10/6/2022 at 8:22 PM, Arthur73 said:

I really like this team, having a strong top 3 would be great for Ipswich and keeping Doyle is a must for me, he's top class entertainment. 

I'd make changes at reserve though, Drew Kemp in place of Rowe, although Drew has been very disappointing in 2022 I think everyone knows he's very talented and he has kept working this season despite poor results. I believe with Doyles help and having a home track he knows he could have a great 2023. Also I worry about Rowe, will he disappear off to Poland again and be 'injured' when an Ipswich meeting in on again.

Also, possibly Knudsen, Juhl Pedersen or Gusts in place of Starke. However this may be wishful thinking and I'm not sure if their average will be 4.00.

Those riders mentioned should be a 4,, and there are a few more also that would come on the same,,, I'm not so sure though that the Ipswich scouting is as good as it could be,,,hence we often see the same riders 

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I’d take Cook on an average under 5. No brainer. (Sorry Taps)

No need to take me into account - I won't be there regardless

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I see Doyle has a nice contract in Poland next year,,, about 185,000 sign on fee and 2170 a point... Nice

That bubble may burst at some point but can't blame the riders for taking it!

13 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I see Doyle has a nice contract in Poland next year,,, about 185,000 sign on fee and 2170 a point... Nice

185,000 what :o. There must be a few in the speedway millionaires club then. 

Edited by Bald Bloke

4 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

I suspect Zloty which I think would make the sign on fee around £34k and circa £400 a point

I thought it would be Zloty too.But when i said on another thread the other day i don't blame anyone who goes anywhere to double,triple,quadruple their money,i got a reply saying try 15 times.I couldn't see it being that myself.Blimey that would make Doyle on about £26.50 a pt with Ipswich:D

probably looking in UK terms at around a guarantee of £4,000 as there are not many if any signing bonuses but maybe a bit of sponsorship money thrown in

so if you had Doyle on £4k guaranteed per meeting over 20 league meetings thats £80k a season, if you wanted a "Doyle" in each of the 6 teams thats £480k per season to have a top no.1 associated to each club.

The BSPL should have taken the offer from Discovery who were keen to buy into British Speedway, they could have subsidised 1-2 riders like this per side

This was from back in 2010, from an article by John Chaplin on Speedway Plus and wages there have only gone one way since.

Crump's signature on the contract is reportedly worth around £170,000 and every time he turns up for a league match he is to be guaranteed �3,000. If he rides in 20 Polish meetings that makes a round sum of £60,000 for the new season.

The rest is to be earned on the track. For each point scored he will get £1,700 If he scores as many points as he did in 2010 he will take home about £390,000.

7 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

185,000 what :o. There must be a few in the speedway millionaires club then. 

The Liga 1 rates this season were £54k signing-on and £540 per point!  Can't imagine what the Ekstraliga rates are ...

A Polish guy on Speedway Friends Facebook group reckons this season that Zmarzlik has earned £800k, and Woffinden over £500k.  Zmarzlik's deal for 2023 will be £1M.

• Like 1