British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2023

Why are people putting Batch's name & worse still Andersen's name in the frame for next year.

Doyle,Riss & Hume plus some eager youngsters who can improve. Basso is definitely in that mold & I hate to say it but a young pole. 

The most annoying thing is we have had a couple of young riders who should be in the mix for next year  Rowe & Kemp but either of them seems to be a massive gamble.

• Like 1

I know Batchelor can be frustrating at times but he's been dumped at no. 5 with him being on a 5/6 average and hes scored his average. If King performed how he should've done being the 2nd heat leader we'd all be having Batchelor in our teams. Ride him at number 2 so he's with Doyle for 3 rides and watch the 5-1's come in! They love riding together so why wouldn't our numb nuts team manager ride them together????

Doyle 10.32

Batch 5.57

Riss 6.00

Howarth 5.42

Pickering 6.14

Barker 4.42

Hume 4.09

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blue witch said:

I know Batchelor can be frustrating at times but he's been dumped at no. 5 with him being on a 5/6 average and hes scored his average. If King performed how he should've done being the 2nd heat leader we'd all be having Batchelor in our teams. Ride him at number 2 so he's with Doyle for 3 rides and watch the 5-1's come in! They love riding together so why wouldn't our numb nuts team manager ride them together????

Doyle 10.32

Batch 5.57

Riss 6.00

Howarth 5.42

Pickering 6.14

Barker 4.42

Hume 4.09

There’s no number 5 in that team

On 9/28/2022 at 8:31 PM, 89buttons said:

Tbh, Doyle +6 others and I’ll be getting a season ticket again. 

He’s absolutely box office, pure class, pure entertainment all season.

with summers retiring can see it being the straight swap for Erik back in, still comes under 42.5 

agree with baldy above tho would be nice to see some of these young guns from the continent enticed over here, was several on show in the SoN who looked well worth a punt

On 9/28/2022 at 8:51 PM, Arch Stanton said:

100%. Saw this tweet today, unbelievable stats really

Robert Lambert rocks up & makes him look very average, smoke that brudda's

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Robert Lambert rocks up & makes him look very average, smoke that brudda's

Over a full season I’d bet my last Rolo Doyle would have the higher average. No doubt in my mind whatsoever. 

Just now, GeneralMelchett said:

as the saying goes lets see him do that on  wet night at Stoke!!:D

Exactly. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GAH said:

doyle couldn't do it on dry track last night :rofl:

very droll - I will be interested observer at Owlerton in the final (should the tigers get there) as the one time I have seen Lambert ride there he was good!

Edited by GeneralMelchett

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Over a full season I’d bet my last Rolo Doyle would have the higher average. No doubt in my mind whatsoever. 

Exactly. 

That's some gamble on this years evidence. 

Exstraliga, Lambert 9th - Doyle 16th in the averages. 

SGP's, Lambert 5th - Doyle 10th.

2 minutes ago, GAH said:

sheffield will be in the final for sure and lambert will be even better there than last time you seen him there for sure :t:

I hope so one of the things i like to see is good riders blasting round Owlerton at full pace with some passing thrown in for good measure! 

Edited by GeneralMelchett

Apart from a decent team, most punters would probably like to see a well thought out racing programme with at the very least regular fortnightly meetings throughout the summer months, not the situation the three leagues are in.  The play offs should be done and dusted in late August/early September.

What is wrong with those in charge of the sport? For goodness sake start thinking about how to adapt the sport to the domestic market and stop chasing something which is never going to happen, the top overseas riders gracing us with their presence (unless the season is over elsewhere and they see the u k as a soft touch for a few more pounds/euro in the pocket).

Diversify and put on the meeting as an event not just 15 heats over two plus hours and think that is job done. It is not value for money. Dump Eurosport for the domestic racing and let BSN take over the broadcast of meetings, invest in what you have not some pipe dream that televised meetings on a main channel is the panacea.

So much opportunity but it just lacks imagination by the dinosaurs who run the sport.

• Like 1