British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2023

34 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Almost 27% of the teams average gone on 1 rider. Very very unlikely to improve either, massive risk imo

LOL a typical response from a fan of another team that hasn’t signed him. The same always got trotted out when Leigh Adams, Jason Crump and Hans Nielsen had similar averages. Doyle is unlikely to improve that average no, but don’t pretend you wouldn’t love him leading your team. He’s outstanding in this league and your response comes across as pure jealousy. 

Enjoy KK. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Almost 27% of the teams average gone on 1 rider. Very very unlikely to improve either, massive risk imo

This is true and if he doesn't improve and the witches get off to a slow start, more points to play with to redeclare and strengthen the side to then be in the mix for the play-offs later in the season, just need Louis to put a fall guy into the side whom they know will lose his place

and hope not many others increase their starting average which if they go with King, Riss, Batch would be unlikely to have moved much in either direction, so maybe my desire for Lidsey should wane based on this

3 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Average reduction time until August then and bring in a gp rider for a 4 pointer for the play offs :t:

Easily done ...just make sure he follows his teammate home for the 5-1 rather than winning the heat. :party:

Doyle is guaranteed 12+ points a meeting if he has 5 rides, what more would you want? Last season was a sighter, this year he could be near impossible to beat home and away (Bewley dependant). As mentioned, all clubs would take him on. 

Edited by Panthers99
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

No surprises there. 

The world number 10 was the standout rider in the Premiership in 2022 and he revealed how a press day encounter gave him some extra motivation to score well for the club.

“I had a funny encounter when I first signed at Ipswich, on press and practice day one of the trackmen said to me ‘welcome to Ipswich, we didn’t really want you as a number one, we wanted Chris Holder but hopefully you can do your job!’ That sat in my mind a bit“

What a thing to say ffs! If you’re reading this and it was you you’re an absolute bellend. 

Edited by Steve Irving
  • Haha 4

I don't think Doyle gets enough credit for committing to British speedway year after year, never goes missing, and rides his heart out, very classy rider. Yes I know he`s based fairly locally to Ipswich but when you think about other British riders who either cant or wont race over here its to Doyle`s credit that he does.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, screm said:

I don't think Doyle gets enough credit for committing to British speedway year after year, never goes missing, and rides his heart out, very classy rider. Yes I know he`s based fairly locally to Ipswich but when you think about other British riders who either cant or wont race over here its to Doyle`s credit that he does.

Literally every race every meeting here he gives it his all. Not only is he a points machine but he’s hugely entertaining with it. Committed, dominant AND entertaining, what more would you want? 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, screm said:

If Doyle does 27% of the scoring then it makes it a good signing

All dependant on the make up of the rest of the team. If they all maintain their averages then Ipswich are scoring 39, expecting the No7 to score 7 to win. 

Ipswich need at least 3 rider's that will improve their average 

16 minutes ago, screm said:

He gets plenty of credit by many but the question is, is he worth it. 28.68 to fill 5 spots is a big ask. 

Doyle is worth every penny....Absolute No Brainer.

Every other Side would take him, been loyal to British Speedway as well, very loyal.

Excellent signing, the worry is the next 6, Adam Ellis Anybody at Number 5 as sadly I think people are right about Batch, Danny and Riss, all will return.

Kew and Hume at 6 and 7???