British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2023

48 minutes ago, tocha said:

You wont get Francis Gusts. He has already signed up to clubs in Poland, Sweden and Denmark.

I think the Aussies associate more with UK as they relate to their hero's like Crump/Holder/Ward/Doyle who then go on to star on the World stage after initially riding and cutting their teeth on our more technical tracks.

I get the impression the young European non English speaking countries probably relate more to the European/Scandinavian/DK stars so move in a more tighter geographical area such as POL/SWE/DK where they can combine POL Sun/Sat - Swe Tue and then drive over to DK for the Wed. Also I assume financially they make it work better without all the flying i and out of UK.

22 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Hey,,,,,, he ain't been in any of your draft teams 

Correct. I didn't know he was going to D/UP but now I do.

Keynan doesn't fit anywhere else other than Ipswich / Peterborough in the latest draft sheet. At Peterborough we'll be looking for engine room riders on 6+ averages if the rumoured 4 have signed so by the process of Elimination he's only a fit for Ipswich.

Sounds very much like Louis and co have said to Doyley "who do you think we should get" which is not a bad thing to have the input on your best rider

Doyle would have played a big part in Rew joining the Witches and if so Lidsey would be a great addition too and yes people say he will be an Ace but what do they have left after Kurtz, Bewley, Wright, Blodorn and Brennan? 

1 minute ago, Falcon1983 said:

Sounds very much like Louis and co have said to Doyley "who do you think we should get" which is not a bad thing to have the input on your best rider

Doyle would have played a big part in Rew joining the Witches and if so Lidsey would be a great addition too and yes people say he will be an Ace but what do they have left after Kurtz, Bewley, Wright, Blodorn and Brennan? 

Doyle & Rew were part of the Leszno squad last season too.

Jakobsen was available to us surely,,, if  the deal was right of  course. Pretty sure all riders can be pursuaded with the offer of a few more quid,,, but as someone has said before,, Louis runs to a budget,,, maybe though this is where sponsors should  come into play,,, for an extra so and so we can have so and so giving us more potential to make play offs,, meaning more TV exposure for your company 

2 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

Yes he would come in on a 4.00 very jealous of Lynn having Jakobsen on a low 5.00 

Indeed - the cheating for 2023 started in 2022 with the decision not to include the final meetings in the rolling averages 

They were full league meetings which fed into the final league table (albeit pointless given they were after the play offs!) ans should've been included

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TTT said:

Would you be happy with this team? It looks good to me on paper.

Doyle

Batchelor

King

Riss

N. Morris

Rew

Rising Star

Still pretty weak in the middle,,, again totally reliant on Doyle scoring a max every meeting,,, think that's the team though,, bar Morris

Edited by Baldyman

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Indeed - the cheating for 2023 started in 2022 with the decision not to include the final meetings in the rolling averages 

They were full league meetings which fed into the final league table (albeit pointless given they were after the play offs!) ans should've been included

Match Averages are calculated, up to and including the cut off date for a specified number of applicable meetings. 

6 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Match Averages are calculated, up to and including the cut off date for a specified number of applicable meetings. 

3 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Pretty clear I would say.

I would say that applies to each months calculations (23rd) rather than the fixture cut off date

12 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I would say that applies to each months calculations (23rd) rather than the fixture cut off date

As always the rules are vague to say the least, no wonder so many loopholes are found and exploited.

Edited by Call me wolfie