British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2023

20 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

I can understand King/Batch Siggy, you not a Riss fan?   I know he is a bit hot/cold but thought he done alright last season but then maybe a 6.00 average is too high?

Yes to be fair Falcon,I probably am a Riss fan,and his injury came at a bad time for him and the team,but King,Batch and Riss as a 3 I meant,wouldn't inspire me

4 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

Could Schlein be an option now he's back over here for next season having already signed for Berwick 

I have a lot of time for Rory but when I saw this news my first thought was “please don’t Ipswich”. Not sure what his average would be but can’t see it being one he would improve on after time out of the sport.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ThinBlueWitch said:

I have a lot of time for Rory but when I saw this news my first thought was “please don’t Ipswich”. Not sure what his average would be but can’t see it being one he would improve on after time out of the sport.

Finished up with an average of 7.14 last year at Wolves.

52 minutes ago, ThinBlueWitch said:

Same here regarding Peterborough. 

On 11/24/2022 at 7:21 PM, szkocjasid said:

Disappointed to see quite a few comments along the lines of "if Ipswich have Hume at reserve alongside a RS, they'll get the wooden spoon"

1) surely with a bigger reduction 4.09 down to 3.07, Hume would be a good signing?

2) shame about the lack of "backing the Brits"

3) surely Hume / Brennan / Mountain moving up is what's best for British Speedway? Riders can't stay "rising stars" forever, so I'm hopeful all 3 will get team spots!

Hume isn't rising. He often overrides, is injury prone and is unlikely improve dramatically.

27 minutes ago, TheGuvnor said:

Considering the likes of Josh Bates and Max Clegg have been considered rising stars in the not so distant past I can’t see any problems with Hume being one now. 

Clegg is YOUNGER than Hume and no longer a rising star, so by your logic Hume can't be one either.

• Like 1