British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2023

47 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Who says we havent got 2 of the worlds best youngsters both on a 4,,, allowing us good reserves and some back up 

Not the Louis mentality imo.

Chris Louis is a lot like CVS where wholesale changes don't happen and it's normally the same old faces representing the club year on year.

Richie Worrall would be a good signing if you could get him. He'll be a solid 7/8 pts a meeting rider around for Foxhall.

Team built to win at Home to keep the fans happy as it'll be almost impossible to build a title challenging team on par with Sheffield for example when Doyle is taking up over 10 points of the 39 limit imo.

1. Jason Doyle

2. Troy Batchelor

3. Erik Riss

4. Richie Worrall

5. Danny King

6. Ben Barker

7. RS (Anders Rowe or Drew Kemp)

Edited by TTT

5 minutes ago, TTT said:

Richie Worrall would be a good signing if you could get him. He'll be a solid 7/8 pts a meeting rider around for Foxhall.

Team built to win at Home to keep the fans happy as it'll be almost impossible to build a title challenging team on par with Sheffield for example when Doyle is taking up over 10 points of the 39 limit imo.

1. Jason Doyle

2. Troy Batchelor

3. Richie Worrall

4. Erik Riss

5. Danny King

6. Ben Barker

Not an awful team at home as you say but not many BP's won there and would definitely lose over two legs

Take away the bog standard pool of riders I hope they are looking at some riders on decent averages

Chris Holder, Przemyslaw Pawlicki, Jaimon Lidsey, Szymon Wozniak etc.

then riders like Kevin Juhl Pedersen, Francis Gusts, Timi Salonen, Hellstrom-Bangs, Grahn etc. 

A couple of 4 pointers riding at 2 & 6 and you could get a half-decent looking side together, or just by having one rider at 6 and going with someone like Lidsey who I doubt will be at BV unless they lose Brennan or Blodorn if and they do Louis should snap either up

1. Doyle 10.32
2. R. Worrall 6.15
3. Riss 6.00
4. Lidsey 5.16
5. Holder 7.16
6. 4.00
7. R/S

Issue is I can only see maybe Louis paying for one rider to come from abroad not two 

56 minutes ago, TTT said:

1. Jason Doyle

2. Troy Batchelor

3. Erik Riss

4. Richie Worrall

5. Danny King

6. Ben Barker

Not enough top end power.

personally got no interest in having barker back, let himself and teams down last year

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

There it is..

"The inclusion of a MYLAPS timing system is great, it won’t fundamentally change the sport, but all the timings will be accurate and there will be no dead heats or poor decisions when it comes to the finish line"

What happens if two riders have identical times lol!

• Like 1

The side with Batchelor,Riss and King don't inspire me at all to be honest.Richie Worrall has been linked with us b4. I haven't seen Nick Morris join anywhere yet and have I missed Adam Ellis staying at Sheffield, if not, I suppose he maybe an option. Louis said team announcements are imminent, so let's see, but As I said at beginning of my post...King,Batch and Riss again......Not for me and agree with Baldyman...no challenging for the League if these 3 are back...In My Opinion.

6 minutes ago, siggysigalos said:

The side with Batchelor,Riss and King don't inspire me at all to be honest.Richie Worrall has been linked with us b4. I haven't seen Nick Morris join anywhere yet and have I missed Adam Ellis staying at Sheffield, if not, I suppose he maybe an option. Louis said team announcements are imminent, so let's see, but As I said at beginning of my post...King,Batch and Riss again......Not for me and agree with Baldyman...no challenging for the League if these 3 are back...In My Opinion.

I can understand King/Batch Siggy, you not a Riss fan?   I know he is a bit hot/cold but thought he done alright last season but then maybe a 6.00 average is too high?

20 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

the fact Riss was brought back in for Tungate, that to me suggests he is in

He is capable but I guess thats been the same excuse said about others they are capable but fail to deliver

For the last 20 years our teams have been full of riders that are capable,, but don't deliver. 

Maybe Louis knows he can't back up Doyle and will go with a strong ish reserve at 6,,knowing the other teams will be putting weaker reserves out. 

It's like I said the other week,,, with Doyle we will be weak in other areas,, without Doyle we can be more solid. 

Most fans want Doyle though,,,so we will have to be weaker in other areas,,, and hope one of the others has a blinder of a season. 

Edited by Baldyman

I think that Doyle has to be the first name on the team sheet purely down to his efforts last year despite his high average.

As for the rest of the team we definitely need at least 3 riders who have an average that will( or should be) improved on. If we go with some who have  been mentioned on here then that wont be the case but as yet none of us have any idea who is going to make up the team.

Im sure Mr Louis is desperate to put out a winning team so let’s wait and see who is announced hey? 

I have a suspicion there will be one or maybe two surprises when the team is announced and hopefully for the good.

Disappointed to see quite a few comments along the lines of "if Ipswich have Hume at reserve alongside a RS, they'll get the wooden spoon"

1) surely with a bigger reduction 4.09 down to 3.07, Hume would be a good signing?

2) shame about the lack of "backing the Brits"

3) surely Hume / Brennan / Mountain moving up is what's best for British Speedway? Riders can't stay "rising stars" forever, so I'm hopeful all 3 will get team spots!

• Like 2