British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2023

20 hours ago, tocha said:

Emil                10.10

Jason              9.12

Danny              7.05   (2.5% reduction)

Keynan            4.00

An other          5.00

Dan                  3.61 (2.5% reduction)

Total              38.88

Yeah as I say fits atm but depends on final season figures that may well increase.

15 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

If they do the double could see all 7 back with D Thompson as rising star and Hume at 6, think right now with the british reductions it may creep just under 39?

It currently fits with the 2.5 reductions, personally tho I think moving on from Erik to a younger up and comer on 5 average gives the team more scope for average improvement and upside.

On 9/29/2023 at 2:49 PM, 89buttons said:

Ben’s the better rider right now but think Zach’s style and balance on the bike he has a higher ceiling career wise. A point less average wise too so a better fit for team building and went better than Ben at Foxhall this year. Our current team average isn’t much above 39, if that’s the same building limit next season will likely be a very similar looking side with just a couple of changes

1. Emil

2. z.cook/wojdylo/another new 5.00

3. King

4. Rew

5. Doyle

6. Hume/Dan T

7. Dan T/Joe T/Boughen/another

Think those reserves would get smashed, Joe T no thanks and Boughen is nowhere near Premiership, struggles to get a point in the championship.

4 hours ago, Badge said:

Nobody mentioning Jack Thomas 

His interview from his hospital bed just after the crash worries me Badge. Firstly he wasn’t even 100% sure he was going to carry on although admitted he probably would, and then spoke of having to get over the mental scars and nerves from returning from such a big crash. If you go to tapes with any kind of fear then you’re destined to fail in this sport. It was very quick after the accident though so emotions would no doubt be running high and he’s had plenty of time since for his mindset to have changed, but after the Riss thing this year I’m not sure I’d want to go in to a new season with any more risks. 

Edit: I’d personally go for Dan Thompson again at 7 whether that be a rising star role again, or if it’s scrapped, a standard second reserve. Did better than I was expecting to be honest. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 1