British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2023

10 minutes ago, MP78 said:

Might be missing something, but on the latest issue of the averages it says 'new average if applicable, effective from the date stated'... although I can't see mention of a date?

From the timing one infers these are up to 23rd of the month (Sept) effective 1 October. But it does look like an oversight.

16 minutes ago, arnieg said:

From the timing one infers these are up to 23rd of the month (Sept) effective 1 October. But it does look like an oversight.

arnieg (or anyone else) you seem to have some knowledge of how the averages work. If you can could you explain to me why on the average chart from 5th of Sept Belle vues team average was 42.66.Then on the average list from the 25th Sept in the green column with no date they have increased to 42,74 with 4 riders having increased there averages and 2 dropping theirs. Now my question is if Belle vue had finished all  their league fixtures on the 28th of August how can their averages have increased from their averages on the 5th of Sept when they have not rode any meetings.Hope all this makes sense.

55 minutes ago, B.V 72 said:

arnieg (or anyone else) you seem to have some knowledge of how the averages work. If you can could you explain to me why on the average chart from 5th of Sept Belle vues team average was 42.66.Then on the average list from the 25th Sept in the green column with no date they have increased to 42,74 with 4 riders having increased there averages and 2 dropping theirs. Now my question is if Belle vue had finished all  their league fixtures on the 28th of August how can their averages have increased from their averages on the 5th of Sept when they have not rode any meetings.Hope all this makes sense.

Average cut off date is the 23rd of each month

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Be happy if we took zach cook to Ipswich in 2024, better style then his older brother imo, 10+3 & 5+2 in his two visits this season

tomato tomayto - I'd rather have Ben.. Has been in the main body of the Peterborough team this year whereas Zach is at reserve.

Edited by SPEEDY69

1 hour ago, SPEEDY69 said:

tomato tomayto - I'd rather have Ben.. Has been in the main body of the Peterborough team this year whereas Zach is at reserve.

Ben’s the better rider right now but think Zach’s style and balance on the bike he has a higher ceiling career wise. A point less average wise too so a better fit for team building and went better than Ben at Foxhall this year. Our current team average isn’t much above 39, if that’s the same building limit next season will likely be a very similar looking side with just a couple of changes

1. Emil

2. z.cook/wojdylo/another new 5.00

3. King

4. Rew

5. Doyle

6. Hume/Dan T

7. Dan T/Joe T/Boughen/another

46 minutes ago, Bash said:

I would try to start next season with Rew as one of the reserves

Agree Rew at reserve with Emil & Jason returning. Beyond that I don’t really know. I’ve been critical of king this season however can’t really fault him over the last month. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him back although I make Doyle the skipper 

3 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Ben’s the better rider right now but think Zach’s style and balance on the bike he has a higher ceiling career wise. A point less average wise too so a better fit for team building and went better than Ben at Foxhall this year. Our current team average isn’t much above 39, if that’s the same building limit next season will likely be a very similar looking side with just a couple of changes

1. Emil

2. z.cook/wojdylo/another new 5.00

3. King

4. Rew

5. Doyle

6. Hume/Dan T

7. Dan T/Joe T/Boughen/another

Emil                10.10

Jason              9.12

Danny              7.05   (2.5% reduction)

Keynan            4.00

An other          5.00

Dan                  3.61 (2.5% reduction)

Total              38.88

• Like 1