British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2023

20 hours ago, Steve Irving said:

Then he can’t be in the side. If Ipswich go with a rising star plus Hume at 6 then they’ll finish bottom. 

If Hume didn’t do enough for a reserve spot again this season then that’s just the perfect illustration of everything wrong with this sport. 

His effort, attitude and points contributions were the only consistent noteworthy performances for the witches all season outside of Doyle.

the kid made a huge stride forward this year, absolutely no reason why he can’t do it again, especially if he keeps close to the likes of Doyle and keeps listening to him.

sad to see so many people on here knocking lads like Danyon Hume and Connor mountain, we lose so many lads with promise in this sport because they’re not given the support and backing.

what kind of a message does it send to lads like Danyon off the back of his best career season if we all turned round and said well done last year but no one wants you now as a senior reserve

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

If Hume didn’t do enough for a reserve spot again this season then that’s just the perfect illustration of everything wrong with this sport. 

His effort, attitude and points contributions were the only consistent noteworthy performances for the witches all season outside of Doyle.

the kid made a huge stride forward this year, absolutely no reason why he can’t do it again, especially if he keeps close to the likes of Doyle and keeps listening to him.

sad to see so many people on here knocking lads like Danyon Hume and Connor mountain, we lose so many lads with promise in this sport because they’re not given the support and backing.

what kind of a message does it send to lads like Danyon off the back of his best career season if we all turned round and said well done last year but no one wants you now as a senior reserve

I would have him back in a heartbeat personally and similar applies to Mountain, they both had better seasons and have better attitudes than Drew Kemp.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I would have him back in a heartbeat personally and similar applies to Mountain, they both had better seasons and have better attitudes than Drew Kemp.

I don’t think kemp has a bad attitude, I think he struggles with the mental side of the sport, needs to toughen up his mental fortitude a bit because he has talent.

29 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Very true, what’s the point of a rising star scheme if they’re taken off it before they’re ready to step up. Once they have, like Brennan, then that’s fair enough.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Do you want your club to win anything or not? Being “fair” on the lad and putting him back in for the reasons you state is exactly the reason why Ipswich haven’t won a pot for donkeys years. Hume as a senior reserve spells nothing but disaster. Both Leicester and Peterborough offered deals to Hume so he’ll get fixed up but I’ll say this now, whoever signs him as their senior reserve won’t win a bean regardless of who is in their top 5. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

So it's clear the team is being built top downwards around Doyle,,, there is 4 points left for ya number 6,,,,,do ya go with lovely lad Hume,,, or Jacob Miskoviak??? Who is pretty good, and ya never know,, could be a nice lad as well. 

You can have a rider just over 7 with Hume @ 6 or you could go with someone like N. Morris/R. Worrall (If they're available) with someone like Starke @ 6 

3 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Who says we haven't got a rider over 7 to back Doyle up already? 

Maybe you have.

Personally I wouldn't go down that route (I think you will) because a weak reserve pairing is left wanted almost every week (Wolves 2022)

Need someone like Barker, Andersen etc. @ 6 imo because they can easily score double figures as a reserve every week around Foxhall.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TTT said:

Maybe you have.

Personally I wouldn't go down that route (I think you will) because a weak reserve pairing is left wanted almost every week (Wolves 2022)

Need someone like Barker, Andersen etc. @ 6 imo because they can easily score double figures as a reserve every week around Foxhall.

Who says we havent got 2 of the worlds best youngsters both on a 4,,, allowing us good reserves and some back up