British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2023

Think Hume is an awkward one,,,, definitely has the potential to be better,,, but like with a few riders,, not sure his style will allow it,,,, he is constantly on the edge of lifting  and throwing it on the fence,, due to his sitting further back on his seat positioning. If he could  change that I could see a decent improvement,,,, but without changing it,, I think his scoring potential is almost at its peak. He is a decent gater and has big plums,, but going faster than he does now without binning it is difficult

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Think Hume is an awkward one,,,, definitely has the potential to be better,,, but like with a few riders,, not sure his style will allow it,,,, he is constantly on the edge of lifting  and throwing it on the fence,, due to his sitting further back on his seat positioning. If he could  change that I could see a decent improvement,,,, but without changing it,, I think his scoring potential is almost at its peak. He is a decent gater and has big plums,, but going faster than he does now without binning it is difficult

Bit like zmarzlik 

43 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

How long before we hear some team news. We seem slow off the mark this year.

I know some will say it’s very early, but Louis has been very quiet and we’ve normally heard his thoughts on the AGM and plans for next years team as soon as the AGM is over but this year we’ve heard nothing. 

Polish league app already has Doyle as a

1 hour ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

How long before we hear some team news. We seem slow off the mark this year.

Witch in 2023

It is quiet, and we can all keep guessing and predicting our 7's.

It seems Doyley is a certainty,big average, but gave us so much entertainment last season, I assume Danny King stays, me personally would like Danny to move on, but I think he's a starter.

But the other 5 Spots could be anybody, so many rumours as normal, just have to be patient I suppose.

Going to need someone to back up Doyle. Difficult to do with him using so many of the points up but one has to be found if we’re to compete next year. King/Riss just won’t cut it as second/third heatleaders I’m afraid. 

You then have the problem of not leaving your reserves too weak, we saw the problems Wolves had this year with that very problem. Very difficult for Louis to get the balance right this time and it’ll be interesting to see how he goes about it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, siggysigalos said:

It is quiet, and we can all keep guessing and predicting our 7's.

It seems Doyley is a certainty,big average, but gave us so much entertainment last season, I assume Danny King stays, me personally would like Danny to move on, but I think he's a starter.

But the other 5 Spots could be anybody, so many rumours as normal, just have to be patient I suppose.

King makes far more sense this time than last year on his average. Last season was the time to let him ride elsewhere IMO. Still wouldn’t be against him moving on this time either though, could be good for both parties to have a fresh start. 

Ipswich need to be forward thinking and bring in some new blood into the top 5. If Hume is the rising star I'm now going to contradict myself by saying we should go for Nicholls at reserve.

On that average he'd be a steal especially at home & would certainly take a lot of pressure of any up & coming riders that might be brought in.

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I know some will say it’s very early, but Louis has been very quiet and we’ve normally heard his thoughts on the AGM and plans for next years team as soon as the AGM is over but this year we’ve heard nothing. 

Louis doesn’t normally start formally naming names until the whole team is signed

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Louis doesn’t normally start formally naming names until the whole team is signed

He gives his thoughts on the AGM and his thoughts for the following year, every year around this time. Either through Radio Suffolk, Mike Bacon in the Ipswich Star or on the official site. He hasn’t done that this year. Not necessarily talking about naming riders. It’s just unusual that’s all. 

16 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

He gives his thoughts on the AGM and his thoughts for the following year, every year around this time. Either through Radio Suffolk, Mike Bacon in the Ipswich Star or on the official site. He hasn’t done that this year. Not necessarily talking about naming riders. It’s just unusual that’s all. 

Crikey it's only 12 days since the agm statement. Give the guys a chance. Some may have gone on hols.

10 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Crikey it's only 12 days since the agm statement. Give the guys a chance. Some may have gone on hols.

You don’t follow Ipswich, so with respect you don’t know what’s usual and what isn’t. Some clubs don’t say anything at all and don’t expect to hear anything. From an Ipswich point of view, we usually hear the thoughts of the promotion on the AGM/rules/set up for the following season within days, along with thoughts on which way the team building may go and how advanced the planning is. CL is usually very good at this sort of thing. Just pointing out that this year that has yet to happen which is unusual. No big deal!

10 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

You don’t follow Ipswich, so with respect you don’t know what’s usual and what isn’t. Some clubs don’t say anything at all and don’t expect to hear anything. From an Ipswich point of view, we usually hear the thoughts of the promotion on the AGM/rules/set up for the following season within days, along with thoughts on which way the team building may go and how advanced the planning is. CL is usually very good at this sort of thing. Just pointing out that this year that has yet to happen which is unusual. No big deal!

Just pointing out he might be visiting a certain French chateau again for chats with his mate? Wouldn't be the first time!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1