British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2023

Nothing from with King, people expect each rider to win all races, he's dipping between achieving his average or slightly being above so is effectively doing his job.

He isn't getting any younger so you could expect him to maybe decline eventually, not everyone is like Hancock etc. 

Not many disagreed with the side at the start of the season 

Think with Riss back it will change the fortunes 

Rew was almost certainly always going to be a work in progress project whereby he needs to be given this season to get acclimatised as long as hes shown signs of improvement and potential to be competitiveness which he has.

King doesn't score enough as a 3rd heatleader for a team with serious title ambitions but its hard to see who they could get who would come in and start doing better.

Big mistake replacing one Thompson for the other because while Dans a step from Joe your only talking about an upgrade of 3pts a meeting on a good day. There were better options out there like Bailey, Rowe and local lad Kemp. While I understand why Louis may have reservations about Kemp cause we all do with his attitude and lack of aggression in tight situations he'd of almost certainly scored better than Dan Thompson. 

• Like 1

I remember before the season started I said you need to go that bit extra with riders,,, instead of yeah that team could be good enough if everything goes okay,,, you go that bit extra to more or less guarantee it's good enough. Okay that won't always work because riders get injured.

It seems like every season there is a certain way a team needs to be built which has the best chance  of winning,,be it strong top end,,, strong bottom end,,, or the solid all the way through approach.  At Ipswich they never seem to get the combination right,,,, and I think the biggest must in team building,, is building a team that will always win at home,,,,, win all the home matches and it more or less guarantees a play of place. We never build a team that wins all it's home matches.

Another thing,,, you can turn up at Foxhall,, look at the track and say,, we won't be winning tonight

51 minutes ago, 25yearfan said:

Rew was almost certainly always going to be a work in progress project whereby he needs to be given this season to get acclimatised as long as hes shown signs of improvement and potential to be competitiveness which he has.

King doesn't score enough as a 3rd heatleader for a team with serious title ambitions but its hard to see who they could get who would come in and start doing better.

Big mistake replacing one Thompson for the other because while Dans a step from Joe your only talking about an upgrade of 3pts a meeting on a good day. There were better options out there like Bailey, Rowe and local lad Kemp. While I understand why Louis may have reservations about Kemp cause we all do with his attitude and lack of aggression in tight situations he'd of almost certainly scored better than Dan Thompson. 

True...D.Kemp is a talent but doesnt like to mix it ...

3 hours ago, 25yearfan said:

Thompson much better than kemp 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Now you could have said,, Thompson is an ever improving rider, where Kemp seems to have stalled for the moment,, and the gap between these riders is closing,,  but a much better rider than Kemp is just a  completely false statement. 

You fell for it Baldy

Sucked in by the new account troll who has posted nothing but guff in the few days since joining the forum on Tuesday

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

Nothing from with King, people expect each rider to win all races, he's dipping between achieving his average or slightly being above so is effectively doing his job.

He isn't getting any younger so you could expect him to maybe decline eventually, not everyone is like Hancock etc. 

Not many disagreed with the side at the start of the season 

Think with Riss back it will change the fortunes 

To me though it's not about getting your average, it's how many he's getting each meeting. Scoring 14 on a night when the teams wins fairly easily means to maintain his average he'll score 5 or so the next meeting when we lose. It's consistency he struggles with and everyone knows he's capable which is why it frustrates fans. 

19 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

To me though it's not about getting your average, it's how many he's getting each meeting. Scoring 14 on a night when the teams wins fairly easily means to maintain his average he'll score 5 or so the next meeting when we lose. It's consistency he struggles with and everyone knows he's capable which is why it frustrates fans. 

I remember he went a ridiculous amount of meetings unbeaten against an opposing rider at home when we was in the Championship. Admittedly against lesser riders but he was number 1 so was riding against the best riders in that league at the time!

That's what frustrates the fans at home he should be scoring more than he is.

32 minutes ago, blue witch said:

I remember he went a ridiculous amount of meetings unbeaten against an opposing rider at home when we was in the Championship. Admittedly against lesser riders but he was number 1 so was riding against the best riders in that league at the time!

That's what frustrates the fans at home he should be scoring more than he is.

He has a touch of the Batchelor about him this year in that one meeting he can be great and then the next his is disappointingly poor - I had hoped he had turned the corner with a decent score at Foxhall the other night but then at Sheffield he and Barker were definitely a weak pairing - in the end of season meeting last year he got 9+1 from 5 at Sheffield including 2 heat wins.

His average has also dropped a point now to 6.27 (6.67 inc Bps) thats a point in about a month.

Rising star aves from 2023 league meetings:

Dan Thompson is pretty much half way up the rankings & far stronger than Joe, so should help Ipswich. I'd still have gone with Kemp or Rowe personally.

J.Jenkins 4.14 (5.29)

D.Kemp 4.00 (5.00) 1 match only

D.Gilkes 3.76 (4.47)

L.Flint 3.38 (4.21)

D.Thompson 3.29 (4.00)

J.Edwards 2.74 (3.37)

J.Mulford 1.21 (1.67)

J.Thompson 1.18 (1.73)

Just now, Baldyman said:

And people are looking forward to having Riss back as it strengthens us,,,,,,,, is anyone watching the Lynn meeting 

Exactly the point I made 

Us fans are only going to simply see Doyle and Emil but the promotion seem clueless when it comes to the rest of the side