British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2023

58 minutes ago, arnieg said:

The absurdity is that it doesn't exist in the Championship, the place where if could be of most benefit.

I'm sure the R/S would have been in the Championship if 7 of the clubs hadn't voted for a reduced points limit of 40 pts rather than the previously discussed 42 points!!

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

I'm sure the R/S would have been in the Championship if 7 of the clubs hadn't voted for a reduced points limit of 40 pts rather than the previously discussed 42 points!!

Why? They voted out the RS system in 2022, what makes you think it would've been brought back in for 2023?

Seems like Erik is still really struggling with his health which is a worry. Hopefully he is on the mend soon and hasn’t rushed back too quick  https://www.erikriss.com/2023/06/14/issue-8-back-in-business/?fbclid=IwAR24EZtnuySq-ntpYZmtrRuwgQWYyev2_mZdwDOaUcH7QKsudxxqiM9Hxno_aem_th_AdfaEgqqjrwomXbZ3cZ26ij3vgr_C0a-5lBieD_HhETLESUxwXytRBq8GcwA0vGZsJg

Edited by ThinBlueWitch

49 minutes ago, ThinBlueWitch said:

Seems like Erik is still really struggling with his health which is a worry. Hopefully he is on the mend soon and hasn’t rushed back too quick  https://www.erikriss.com/2023/06/14/issue-8-back-in-business/?fbclid=IwAR24EZtnuySq-ntpYZmtrRuwgQWYyev2_mZdwDOaUcH7QKsudxxqiM9Hxno_aem_th_AdfaEgqqjrwomXbZ3cZ26ij3vgr_C0a-5lBieD_HhETLESUxwXytRBq8GcwA0vGZsJg

personally I find Erik's description of his symptoms and situation very disturbing. He's confessing to racing with blurred vision!  Then thinking about whether to do it again. At what point, should he have to pass some sort of fitness test, before riding again. Not sure I'd want to be one of the other three lining up along side him when he admits his vision is blurred!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Baldyman said:

You can still get a bonus point finishing half a lap behind your partner in a 3 rider race. 

Indeed!!

I suppose it is still the situation, but Poland doesn't award bonus points in '3 rider 3 alls' and '2 rider 5-0s'.

Certainly that seems to motivate riders to finish a race, rather than simply pull-up and retire from the race when well at the back.

I remember talking to a rider on one particular visit to Poland a few years ago, he remarked 'They wouldn't dare not to finish otherwise they'd be robbing a fellow professional of income.' 

23 minutes ago, GregoryM said:

Indeed!!

I suppose it is still the situation, but Poland doesn't award bonus points in '3 rider 3 alls' and '2 rider 5-0s'.

Certainly that seems to motivate riders to finish a race, rather than simply pull-up and retire from the race when well at the back.

I remember talking to a rider on one particular visit to Poland a few years ago, he remarked 'They wouldn't dare not to finish otherwise they'd be robbing a fellow professional of income.' 

Ironic then that some of the best for giving up when at the back have been poles!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ThinBlueWitch said:

Shouldnt be allowed anywhere near a speedway bike if thats the case.

hope he gets sorted though 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Shouldnt be allowed anywhere near a speedway bike if thats the case.

hope he gets sorted though 

I am amazed at his honesty.!

If you can't see properly, how can you race a 60mph bike with no brakes?

If there is an unfortunate incident whilst he is racing, surely he would be potentially liable?...seems that risk needs to be taken out of Erik's hands!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GregoryM said:

That comment makes no sense.  Where is the incentive in wasting fuel and wear and tear on an engine just so a member of the opposition can get paid an extra point?

Quite the opposite, the incentive would be to pull up and stop the opposition from earning more money.

14 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Well atleast the truth is out about the Thompson twins,,,, they decided to change between themselves,,, 

Being brothers they must have Love on Your Side 

FFS....:D

5 hours ago, GregoryM said:

Indeed!!

One thing Ive seen on a pretty regular basis over the last 4 or 5 seasons is a rider stop racing due to EF etc and coasting around the whiteline instead of immediately leaving the track.

IMO those riders should be fined as they're a potential cause of an accident.

Edited by Triple.H.
Typing too fast for my brain to keep up

King is costing us so much yet nothing will ever get done about it 

Barker has been awful 

The engine room of the side (2,3 and 4) have to get 16 between the 3 of them minimum and they simply aren’t good enough 

We are booked for 5th

6 minutes ago, Gavan said:

King is costing us so much yet nothing will ever get done about it 

Barker has been awful 

The engine room of the side (2,3 and 4) have to get 16 between the 3 of them minimum and they simply aren’t good enough 

We are booked for 5th

Rew is the real problem but Ipswich fans are too blind to see it. 

5.00 point assessed average is Rew and he's getting nowhere near it.