British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2023

5 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Wouldn’t have been against letting King go elsewhere and go down a different route to freshen things up. Might have been good for him as well as the club, only have to look at the new lease of life Kerr seemed to get from leaving Lynn. 

On the other hand, not disappointed if he stays either. Makes more sense to keep him next year on his current average than it did this year. After a fantastic 2021, that was the time to be ruthless and let him go on an average that always looked too expensive. 

Would be ideal back at Peterborough 

17 hours ago, TTT said:

Would you be happy with this?

1. Jason Doyle 10.32

2. Troy Batchelor 5.57

3. Danny King 6.40

4. Erik Riss 6.00

5. Krzysztof Kasprzak 6.86

6. Ben Barker 4.30

7. Danyon Hume 2.98

I'd probably save a couple of hundred pounds by not going if that was the team

But saying that, its probably not far off  Doyle, King, Riss & Hume nailed on, I can see why Batch may ride at no.2 with Jason, which then leaves 2.... 

I genuinely believe that there should be a minimum and maximum average for team building so if its 3.00 as a lowest in the prem and 2.00 the lowest in the champ, then surely 9.00 and 8.00 should be the highest, all you do is penalise riders who have exceptional seasons

20 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

I hope the KK thing is one rumour that doesn't happen. Way past his best & likely give up at the back far to often.

Off to KL apparently.

Rumours of Nick Morris to Ipswich. 

9 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

You can guarantee that particular rule will be rewritten so it can’t happen again

if they are guaranteed a play off spot before any transfer window closes

sign Robert Lambert then due to illness/injury just run R/R for him until the play-offs commence

bring him back in - job done

1 hour ago, Falcon1983 said:

if they are guaranteed a play off spot before any transfer window closes

sign Robert Lambert then due to illness/injury just run R/R for him until the play-offs commence

bring him back in - job done

Presumably it will be one of those injuries that only prevents him riding Monday and Thursday. :party:

• Haha 2

On 11/15/2022 at 3:11 PM, Falcon1983 said:

I'd probably save a couple of hundred pounds by not going if that was the team

But saying that, its probably not far off  Doyle, King, Riss & Hume nailed on, I can see why Batch may ride at no.2 with Jason, which then leaves 2.... 

I genuinely believe that there should be a minimum and maximum average for team building so if its 3.00 as a lowest in the prem and 2.00 the lowest in the champ, then surely 9.00 and 8.00 should be the highest, all you do is penalise riders who have exceptional seasons

I've long thought there should be a maximum average in the Prem (9.00?) I agree you don't want to stop rider like Doyle racing because he takes up too much of the points limit. Wouldn't have any maximum limit in the Champ though, once a rider can get a 9/10.00 ave they really should be moving up to Prem / racing abroad!

So 39 for 6 it remains. Decision time, sign Doyle on 10 and a half or not? As good as he is, I’m not sure personally. Certainly not an easy decision either way..

Someone like Masters at 1 would have been the move. I get he’s settled at Wolves and it would have been unlikely, but he’s a Foxhall track expert and would have done a cracking job at 1 and would have given us a couple of points in the bank for the other 5. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TTT said:

You've got 10.71 left for two riders if the predictable 5 get signed up.

1. Jason Doyle

2. Troy Batchelor

4. Erik Riss

5. Danny King

7. Danyon Hume (RS)

Is Hume still a rising star though? When the rule first came in, RS had to be U-25 or have raced less than 3 seasons of speedway!

• Like 1