55 minutes ago, TTT said:

Five 2022 team members should be a lock for 2023

Fill in the blanks.

1. Jason Doyle

2. Troy Batchelor

4. Erik Riss

5. Danny King

7. Danyon Hume

And like this year,,, it has failure when I matters written all over it,, apart from Doyle that is,,, who's average is likely to drop a bit If a few riders return from abroad 

Batchelor would be a good signing for anyone on that average because he'll slot in at No.2 next season rather than riding as a No.5 which will lead to his race programme being much easier every night next season.

Batchelor done a good job for Ipswich this season to only take 0.10 off his average considering he was riding at No.5 almost every week and having to face the oppositions No.1 three times a night due to King letting the side down most weeks.

Riding in Heat 8's is a whole different ball game to riding in Heats 13 and 15 most weeks.

8 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

And like this year,,, it has failure when I matters written all over it,, apart from Doyle that is,,, who's average is likely to drop a bit If a few riders return from abroad 

Problem you've got is Doyle's average.

You'll need a team of riders around the 5.50 - 6.50 range to back him up and that's with Hume at No.7

27 minutes ago, TTT said:

Batchelor would be a good signing for anyone on that average because he'll slot in at No.2 next season rather than riding as a No.5 which will lead to his race programme being much easier every night next season.

Batchelor done a good job for Ipswich this season to only take 0.10 off his average considering he was riding at No.5 almost every week and having to face the oppositions No.1 three times a night due to King letting the side down most weeks.

Riding in Heat 8's is a whole different ball game to riding in Heats 13 and 15 most weeks.

A good signing for anyone,,, anyone but ipswich I hope.  Trouble is at Ipswich he wouldn't be at 2,,, cos the rest of the team will be just as bad or worse.  It's okay having Doyle,,, but without proper support we might as well not bother having him. 

Not that any of that matters anyway,,, people will go regardless of how good or bad the team is. 

3 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

Glad Mike isn't picking the side

Doyle, Hansen, Riss, Juhl Pedersen, Dudek, Gusts, Hume  that'll do 

That team would be the strongest team to ride the PL for many years imo, if yous could pull that off yous would be unstoppable and I'd definitely be in for a trip to Suffolk few times next season...

But it won't happen surely...?

16 hours ago, Flappy said:

Batchelor to panthers 

Unless Buster is selling up at Pboro or having nothing to do with the running of the club  I’d say absolutely no chance of this happening - last time Batch raced for Buster it ended in Buster finishing Batches season deliberately sacking him so he couldn’t sign for another club 

Just now, PhilTheAce said:

Batchelor is a 5 point man. That’s what he gives you. And that’s what he’s good at now. Signing batch is the least risk of any signing. 

people need to stop thinking batch is being signed to score double figures every week. 

Think it's more a case of how many times he gives up or politely moves out of other riders ways,, when a pass is coming 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

Glad Mike isn't picking the side

Doyle, Hansen, Riss, Juhl Pedersen, Dudek, Gusts, Hume  that'll do 

Don't think that team would be all that successful.

43 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Because of lack of ambition or lack of budget,? 

Don’t think it’s a lack of ambition. Louis is just as much a fan as any of us and badly wants to win. He does make mistakes though and allows his heart to rule his head when it comes to riders he’s close to. 

We’ve got good backers but not an unlimited pot of cash. Doyle surely must be the most expensive rider in the league currently, that swallows the majority of the budget I’d have thought. It’s then a case of spreading what’s left as wisely as possible. 

Still yet to win the pot on his watch though and that’s something Louis has to take on the chin. Up to now his leadership has been a failure, can’t be argued. 

7 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Possibly too many newcomers at once so impossible to be confident, but I think it’d go very very close personally. 

That's right regarding too many newcomers.  Frtom memeory before this season everyone was saying that Musielak would be wiping the floor with everyone but it didn't happen and he's had time over here before.  With Dudek I don't see that he'd pull up too many trees and would be asking for a lot of dosh.  I quite like Mike Bacon's side but wouldn't have Ellis and King in the same side, too inconsistent.