British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2023

20 minutes ago, blue witch said:

Against a poor Peterborough side and then when Bewley packed up on first bend and Wright excluded for moving but there you go :unsure:

I think when the team has been so poor excluding the top 2 usually the flack lands at the manager and captain. He's had his good meetings and looks like he's pulled his finger out scoring double figures 4 out of the last 6 meetings and it's no coincidence we've started winning more meetings when we're carrying so many people

Still weren't gonna come last tho was he!

Oh  HELP, I just happened to be driving passed Foxhall stadium, few month back, never been to speedway, wondering how they score the fixtures, researched, got bitten by the speedway bug , attended the last home fixture. Now I'm hooked. 

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Not sure why he's laughing, his team are on a winning streak but still have very little chance at all of the top 4!

Whilst there is the slightest chance there is always hope for Ipswich,although it is very slim.

Have to agree with you about Louis laughing though,if he wasn't laughing and made changes to his team instead a month or so ago he could have been laughing at those chasing Ipswich for a play off spot.

Riss should have gone when he wasn't right he was on about a 6pt average,now he is below a 5.

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Not sure why he's laughing, his team are on a winning streak but still have very little chance at all of the top 4!

Ipswich are on a winning streak if I am right they can get 37 points only Belle Vue are safe on 38.I think the pressure is on Sheffield wolves and Leicester to get there.If lpswich get in the play offs I fancy them to win 

46 minutes ago, r8gdp said:

Ipswich are on a winning streak if I am right they can get 37 points only Belle Vue are safe on 38.I think the pressure is on Sheffield wolves and Leicester to get there.If lpswich get in the play offs I fancy them to win 

Hope they get to the play offs and ride against the Aces..

Be great to watch Emil again at the NSS..

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Sheffield got to fit in 9 meetings? We're a week into August. Would be funny if it was a wet month and they didn't make the playoffs because they didn't fit their meetings in on time

1 hour ago, r8gdp said:

36, and to do that they MUST win at Wolves. So the pressure is on Ipswich.

Leicester and Wolves will get 5 points to share between them in the B fixtures and matches against Lynn and P'boro offer further opportunities for points.

The most plausible route to qualification is Sheffield failing to complete their fixtures. As it stands they have 2 dates to arrange and not a single Monday or Thursday available to them until after the cut-off deadline (unless it is extended again).

47 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Hope they get to the play offs and ride against the Aces..

Be great to watch Emil again at the NSS..

I think it would take a Leicester (Bates) win at Sheffield (Bates) during the qualifying meetings to keep Ipswich out, it’s that close. Play off meetings can be so financially rewarding. 

No Emil return I’m afraid. 

12 minutes ago, arnieg said:

36, and to do that they MUST win at Wolves. So the pressure is on Ipswich.

Leicester and Wolves will get 5 points to share between them in the B fixtures and matches against Lynn and P'boro offer further opportunities for points.

The most plausible route to qualification is Sheffield failing to complete their fixtures. As it stands they have 2 dates to arrange and not a single Monday or Thursday available to them until after the cut-off deadline (unless it is extended again).

I had this down as Ipswich either just squeezing into the playoffs or missing out by a point - it hinges really on Leicester and them winning at Peterborough and beating either Sheffield or Wolves at home! Given their performance at Wolves last night i still think they will just manage it - but whilst it is possible then the Witches need to go all out and try to qualify.

I think Sheffield will win enough home matches to see them through - although I hadn't considered they wouldnt finish all the fixtures in time before the cut off.

6 minutes ago, MP78 said:

So on to KL at home on Thursday then… do we think Artem will show up? I think probably not, but happy to be surprised ;)

I hope he does as I want to see some races between him and Emil! This could be the vfirst home win when i have attended this season for the Witches too!

Edited by GeneralMelchett

25 minutes ago, ouch said:

I think it would take a Leicester (Bates) win at Sheffield (Bates) during the qualifying meetings to keep Ipswich out, it’s that close. Play off meetings can be so financially rewarding. 

No Emil return I’m afraid. 

No return next season? 

Not sure about that if he's not in the GP's again I don't see why he wouldn't ride in England next season

4 minutes ago, blue witch said:

No return next season? 

Not sure about that if he's not in the GP's again I don't see why he wouldn't ride in England next season

I think you have misunderstood this statement. I believe it means no return to ride at Belle Vue this season.