British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2023

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Think most Wolves fans will tell you Morris is pretty awful on away tracks,,, so not the greatest addition,, but I guess he is okay at Foxhall,, but still looks like a team of very inconsistent riders,, Doyle apart,,,, If its Rew,, how long will it take him to get used to smaller tracks.  I think we will finish lower than last year and if we make play offs we will bum out first round on aggregate again. 

Belle Vue and Sheffield fighting it out again for supremacy 

Not long considering he has ridden in Denmark.

Am i wrong, as such a loyal Witches fan since the mid 80's, to be so dis-heartened by the fact it seems for definite we keep Danny King and Troy Batchelor, yes i will be on the Heath for every home meeting, and i'm sure like last year cheered like mad when Batch and Danny went well(not often enough though), but seriously if Kenyan Rew is a new signing, Louis must see it needed freshening up 3,4 and 5. Don't all shoot me down, just a bit disappointed.

Although i do keep clinging to the Adam Ellis rumour.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Starke at no.6 would comfortably outscore Rew 

That doesn't seen to tally with quotes on other threads discussing Rew... (copy/paste below from steve54 on Poole thread)

'rode 7 matches for Krosno - 31 rides and achieved a ride av of 1.742 so 6.97 per 4 rides incl bonus points.

Maybe unfair to compare with riders who rode most/all season so 16/18 matches but his av per ride was above riders such as Riss/Nilsson/Kvech/Mads Hansen/Becker/Bangs/Miedzinski/Lindback/Gala'

Those mentioned all look a cut above Starke and Rew outperformed them (albeit over fewer meetings)

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

Starke at no.6 would comfortably outscore Rew 

4 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

Was just doing a spot of fishing 

fishing.jpg

You could well be right though! Starke was a good reserve his problem was scoring well at reserve and then moving up to the main body and becoming a passenger. 

If it IS Rew at 6 then we’re going to have to be patient with him. He may be talented but there looks like there’ll be a few seasoned pro’s like Lewi Kerr at 6 for a few clubs so he’ll no doubt find it tough at least to begin with. 

10 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Think most Wolves fans will tell you Morris is pretty awful on away tracks,,, so not the greatest addition,, but I guess he is okay at Foxhall,, but still looks like a team of very inconsistent riders,, Doyle apart,,,, If its Rew,, how long will it take him to get used to smaller tracks.  I think we will finish lower than last year and if we make play offs we will bum out first round on aggregate again. 

Belle Vue and Sheffield fighting it out again for supremacy 

Probably quicker than the Latvians, Finns and Ukranians you've been suggesting.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2022 at 7:11 PM, Call me wolfie said:

You absolutely are, as we were with Freddy, but unless more riders of his standard commit to riding here it will always be an issue.

Riders will commit to riding here. But only when the big paydays abroad dry up and they want easy money. Or if their testimonial money wasn't enough and come back for more. 

17 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Would take him all day long. 

Doesn't fit at Leicester now if it's true about Mountain & D. Thompson at reserve.

Unless the rumoured KL team is wrong then it's a 50/50 coin flip as to where he ends up (Ipswich or Panthers)

Would be a good fit for you imo. Richie is one of those riders who'll chip in with a solid but not spectacular showing almost every week.

Edited by TTT