British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2023

I fail to see how Fricke differs from Bewley & Lambert in terms of ambition. Fricke rode in UK this year because he was riding second tier in Poland.  Bewley & Lambert were restricted from doing so riding in Ekstraliga. All will likely be Ekstraliga riders next year but with the restrictions lifted can ride in the UK.

Personally I can't see Lambert returning to British league, but Bewley I can.  Lambert has seemed at odds with his parent club (Kings Lynn) for some time whereas Bewley seems still have affinity for the NSS & the Aces.   The fact he could be bothered to compete in the British final says allot.

Everything seems ominously quiet on the Fricke front - after a poor GP season perhaps he feels he's been too busy this year.  It may just because he's been injured that he's been relatively quiet.

Zagar seems keen to return.

18 minutes ago, Col said:

I fail to see how Fricke differs from Bewley & Lambert in terms of ambition. Fricke rode in UK this year because he was riding second tier in Poland.  Bewley & Lambert were restricted from doing so riding in Ekstraliga. All will likely be Ekstraliga riders next year but with the restrictions lifted can ride in the UK.

Personally I can't see Lambert returning to British league, but Bewley I can.  Lambert has seemed at odds with his parent club (Kings Lynn) for some time whereas Bewley seems still have affinity for the NSS & the Aces.   The fact he could be bothered to compete in the British final says allot.

Everything seems ominously quiet on the Fricke front - after a poor GP season perhaps he feels he's been too busy this year.  It may just because he's been injured that he's been relatively quiet.

You may be right, but as of this moment I see Dan rode in the British Championship to add something to his CV that was missing….. British Champion. Now got it.

2 hours ago, Col said:

Lambert and Bewley could have ridden in the UK instead of for Smederna if they'd wished to.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

You may be right, but as of this moment I see Dan rode in the British Championship to add something to his CV that was missing….. British Champion. Now got it.

Maybe you're right, only Bewley knows for sure but time will tell.  I think he'll be back league racing in GB next year most likely as Belle Vue's #1.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Lambert and Bewley could have ridden in the UK instead of for Smederna if they'd wished to.

Wasn't 2022 Bewley's first year in Elitserien? He certainly didn't ride in Sweden in 2021 as he was with Wroclaw & the Aces.

21 hours ago, Col said:

Maybe you're right, only Bewley knows for sure but time will tell.  I think he'll be back league racing in GB next year most likely as Belle Vue's #1.

Wasn't 2022 Bewley's first year in Elitserien? He certainly didn't ride in Sweden in 2021 as he was with Wroclaw & the Aces.

Full year, he said he wanted to try a full season on the Swedish tracks cos he hadn't done it before .....

3 hours ago, Trees said:

Full year, he said he wanted to try a full season on the Swedish tracks cos he hadn't done it before .....

Hadn't seen that interview.

I take it no announcement(s) from "The Maugers"?

1 hour ago, Col said:

Hadn't seen that interview.

I take it no announcement(s) from "The Maugers"?

No announcements. All riders want to come back, but obviously they know that’s not possible so marks got a tough job on. 

a very packed night last night. Was a great night, a few sore heads for sure. Me included 

7 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

No announcements. All riders want to come back, but obviously they know that’s not possible so marks got a tough job on. 

a very packed night last night. Was a great night, a few sore heads for sure. Me included 

Did Lambert make an appearance?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ouch said:

Simon, Jake, MPT & Robert weren’t there but thanks were given for their assistance when required for our injury woes. 

I love that. Especially with Robert: “thanks we’re given for their assistance”.

It was a bit more than that, wasn’t it? “Thanks for coming in as a ringer on an out-dated average and winning us the league. And more thanks for b***ering off after only three meetings to save us some cash”!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

I love that. Especially with Robert: “thanks we’re given for their assistance”.

It was a bit more than that, wasn’t it? “Thanks for coming in as a ringer on an out-dated average and winning us the league. And more thanks for b***ering off after only three meetings to save us some cash”!

Christ, what are you on about. He replaced Max, you know (probably not) this years Warsaw GP winner and world pairs champ who missed the Torun GP (which he had won before) due to his injuries. Even if Robert had been at Kings Lynn then he would have b***ered off after FOUR meetings not three due to the late stage of season. 

Why talk such BS as you make yourself look a complete d***?

Thick as……..

3 minutes ago, ouch said:

Christ, what are you on about. He replaced Max, you know (probably not) this years Warsaw GP winner and world pairs champ who missed the Torun GP (which he had won before) due to his injuries. Even if Robert had been at Kings Lynn then he would have b***ered off after FOUR meetings not three due to the late stage of season. 

Thick as……..

I seem to have touched a raw nerve but do you really need to be quite so offensive in your reply?

I have no idea how BV managed to get round the rules and sign Lambert - first (and probably last) team to be allowed to bring in a rider just for the play offs, but well done to them. But don’t kid yourself that he did it for the greater glory of the Aces. It’ll look good on his CV and his bank balance but it’s not exactly a long term relationship. 
And, as an aside, he only did THREE meetings beating his average by over three points (10.67 as opposed to 7.61). 
Before you get upset again, please read what it was I was saying: well done to BV for finding a loophole that some will say was the only reason they won the title. Would they have won with the existing 1-6 and r/r or a guest? No one wilL ever know!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ouch said:

Thick as……..

Truth hurts does it?

7 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

I seem to have touched a raw nerve but do you really need to be quite so offensive in your reply?

I have no idea how BV managed to get round the rules and sign Lambert - first (and probably last) team to be allowed to bring in a rider just for the play offs, but well done to them. But don’t kid yourself that he did it for the greater glory of the Aces. It’ll look good on his CV and his bank balance but it’s not exactly a long term relationship. 
And, as an aside, he only did THREE meetings beating his average by over three points (10.67 as opposed to 7.61). 
Before you get upset again, please read what it was I was saying: well done to BV for finding a loophole that some will say was the only reason they won the title. Would they have won with the existing 1-6 and r/r or a guest? No one wilL ever know!

Ouch is a poster that genuine sensible Belle Vue fans are ashamed of. Only appears when there is a sniff of success.