British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2023

12 hours ago, Col said:

Lidsey yes, must have developed since he last rode here. Blodorn attained that average from being at reserve all year, he could suffer a sophomore slump.

I don't really understand the decision of retaining Kurtz over Fricke. Fricke is the better rider & the averages are very similar. Plus no loan fee. Can't imagine Leicester are paying Fricke mega bucks.

Kurtz for me is now a better rider than Fricke and I would definitely have chosen him if it was a straight choice

2 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

Belle Vue want him. 

‘Yes he may struggle initially in 1-5 but then he will go to reserve. And also he’s only 18 so really his average should only go 1 way 

One to stick with for sure.

He's only going to improve and get better. 

1 hour ago, JCookie said:

No, he was a guest in the second leg and that was it.

https://britishspeedway.co.uk/2022-premiership-declarations/

sorry, you’re wrong, he was officially declared as a Belle Vue rider on 3rd October. Only riders in a declared 1 - 7 are allowed to guest

Edited by Call me wolfie
  • Like 2

After seeing what teams Leicester & Sheffield are putting together, Does anyone else think BV are taking a risk by letting Zagar go?

Charles Wright as the 3rd HL is starting to look like a huge gamble imo considering Zagar is good for 10+ a night at Home. Both riders are just 6/7 pointers on the road imo.

Edited by TTT

20 minutes ago, TTT said:

After seeing what teams Leicester & Sheffield are putting together, Does anyone else think BV are taking a risk by letting Zagar go?

Charles Wright as the 3rd HL is starting to look like a huge gamble imo considering Zagar is good for 10+ a night at Home. Both riders are just 6/7 pointers on the road imo.

Indeed 

Yeah. We will be strong bottom end of team though. And with Bewley and Kurtz it should be enough in the top end of the team

We won’t be best team assembled but we will be there or there abouts

have to remember this will be wrights first season without a shoulder injury, he’s had this injury a few years but finally had it operated on in October. So I think we will see a better Charles wright 

Edited by PhilTheAce
  • Like 1

I've been told that at the AGM its been vetoed that rising star riders get a 25% deduction that was rumoured If they are kept within the club once not being eligible, as only really Belle Vue would benefit as Brennan is a class above, so the other clubs out-voted the Aces to stop them seeking an advantage so the Belle Vue side I have seen on here may need rethinking as Brennan should come in at 5.71  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

I've been told that at the AGM its been vetoed that rising star riders get a 25% deduction that was rumoured If they are kept within the club once not being eligible, as only really Belle Vue would benefit as Brennan is a class above, so the other clubs out-voted the Aces to stop them seeking an advantage so the Belle Vue side I have seen on here may need rethinking as Brennan should come in at 5.71  

Correct