British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2023

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

So if it is badly written then that is a loophole which is not in the spirit of the rule. Robert Lambert also said there was a chance he could be back this season but that was never going to happen. It all seemed very wrong to me and I hope it will never happen again.

Plus given the fact the BSPL have closed that door for 2023 shows they knew the loophole had been exploited. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

What did I say? Apart from that she does BSN as well. Not sure how that is critical unless you have a problem with BSN??!! 

apologies Lisa, i must of added your post by mistake, how i'm not sure, but i do apologise.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jimmy jimmy said:

Think this criticism of Hayley Bromley is way off the mark, I think she does an excellent job as presenter. Also women in speedway should be encouraged not mocked

Agree entirely. I thought she was very good on BSN and seemed to know her stuff. Must be quite difficult doing a job like that but she was growing into it nicely. Leave her alone.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jimmy jimmy said:

Think this criticism of Hayley Bromley is way off the mark, I think she does an excellent job as presenter. Also women in speedway should be encouraged not mocked

Is that unless you're a referee, in which case anything goes?  Asking for a friend. 

7 hours ago, wtf said:

Is that unless you're a referee, in which case anything goes?  Asking for a friend. 

Tell your friend to go and play with his Train set.

On 1/26/2023 at 7:24 PM, foreverblue said:

So if it is badly written then that is a loophole which is not in the spirit of the rule. Robert Lambert also said there was a chance he could be back this season but that was never going to happen. It all seemed very wrong to me and I hope it will never happen again.

Fascinating that nobody seems to have complained about Sheffield and Ipswich exploiting the same Regulation.  It certainly was of benefit to the Tigers.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Fascinating that nobody seems to have complained about Sheffield and Ipswich exploiting the same Regulation.  It certainly was of benefit to the Tigers.

Because they didn't change their team until the week of the play-offs, in fact Lambert didn't ride in the first leg of the play off semi. You should not be allowed to change your team mid playoffs. 

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 2

On 1/28/2023 at 4:52 PM, Roger Jacobs said:

Has the Regulation been rewritten? 2023 version hasn’t been published yet …

Some article in SS or on BSPL (can’t remember which) confirming that change will happen.

Being able to bring a new signing replacement mid play offs wasn’t in the rule book neither otherwise many teams before them would have used that particular rule (now known as the Belle Vue only rule) not that it ever was a rule which was pretty obvious.

Edited by stevebrum
Added info

4 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Some article in SS or on BSPL (can’t remember which) confirming that change will happen.

Being able to bring a new signing replacement mid play offs wasn’t in the rule book neither otherwise many teams before them would have used that particular rule (now known as the Belle Vue only rule) not that it ever was a rule which was pretty obvious.

The article in the Speedway Star mentioned transfer windows - it made no mention at all of the Regulation containing the Long Term Injury statement.

On 1/28/2023 at 5:02 PM, foreverblue said:

Because they didn't change their team until the week of the play-offs, in fact Lambert didn't ride in the first leg of the play off semi. You should not be allowed to change your team mid playoffs. 

Max Fricke was injured!  Why do the whingers keep making it sound as though BV made a tactical change?  They had suffered in the play-offs before when losing a rider, and this time they were able to bring in a replacement, within the Regulations.  Of course, no-one would batted an eyelid if the Aces had been forced to use a guest or R/R and Sheffield had waltzed to victory ... "Unlucky Aces, play-offs injury curse strikes again", etc.

As it was, the Regulations allowed the change because of the specific circumstances of Fricke's absence.

In reality, Sheffield lost because of Holder's awful performance (and, to a lesser extent, Howarth's erratic riding) at Belle Vue.  But that's speedway.

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Max Fricke was injured!  Why do the whingers keep making it sound as though BV made a tactical change?  They had suffered in the play-offs before when losing a rider, and this time they were able to bring in a replacement, within the Regulations.  Of course, no-one would batted an eyelid if the Aces had been forced to use a guest or R/R and Sheffield had waltzed to victory ... "Unlucky Aces, play-offs injury curse strikes again", etc.

As it was, the Regulations allowed the change because of the specific circumstances of Fricke's absence.

In reality, Sheffield lost because of Holder's awful performance (and, to a lesser extent, Howarth's erratic riding) at Belle Vue.  But that's speedway.

Can you quote the regulation regarding long term injury replacement? in my opinion you should not be allowed a change during the play offs.