British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2023

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Rising star "graduates" must have a 25% reduction for the team to fit. I for one am glad they've actually stuck to the rule!

That's excellent for Belle Vue. A massive advantage as their team in real average is 1.3 (legally) above the 39.00 limit. 

Every single rider too, has the capability to add 0.5 to their averages. 

For me, an incredible bit of team building. 

A very solid team which should be play off certainties...

Covers a lot of bases...

A top class No1 so plenty of top class guests if needed to replace him..

A still improving No5 who isnt far off reaching the top level..

Charles Wright is more a natural No4 than a No3 but if he does drop anything off his average then the expectation would be Lidsey improves his numbers by at least the same, meaning always a solid back up to the top two..

And Brennan and Blodorn will no doubt swap places during the season meaning the Aces always will have a "very decent" reserve, meaning Mulford shouldn't be under any pressure to perform above his current level..

The Aces can score 50 plus against any team at the NSS so come head to head play off time they will feel very confident...

2 hours ago, Chrisdonnelly said:

Decent team. I think we will struggle away this season massively, also banking on Lidsey being at his polish level on uk tracks …I don’t think so 

Lidsey will stick at least a point on his average, he is a great signing on his 2019 figure. There's an opportunity for he, Brennan & Blodorn to slug it out for third heat leader and whichever of them is at reserve through the season will be strong.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Col said:

Don't expect much of Mulford, averages less than Jack Smith in NDL. 

It's a big ask for him but I think he'll do really well at the NSS, he's a big track rider with lots of speed and knows the track through the Colts. Surprised they didn't use Bailey but Mulford is shrewd. I think the Jack Smith comparison is flimsy, there was 0.15 between them and Smith has been knocking around the NL for nine seasons, he should be averaging what he does. In terms of potential they are chalk and cheese.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Lidsey will stick at least a point on his average, he is a great signing on his 2019 figure. There's an opportunity for he, Brennan & Blodorn to slug it out for third heat leader and whichever of them is at reserve through the season will be strong.

I'd say Brennan is way ahead of Blodorn (needs to be much better away from NSS) and also ahead of Lidsey.  I expect him to be vying with Wright for No.3, which he may pick up.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Lidsey should & Brennan maybe, Blödorn is only 18, would expect him to be at reserve after the first set of averages..  And if he averages enough to get out of the reserve berth he'll be doing well.  Needs to improve his away form, but showed signs of doing so at Foxhall & Owlerton in the playoffs with some crucial points.

1 minute ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I'd say Brennan is way ahead of Blodorn (needs to be much better away from NSS) and also ahead of Lidsey.  I expect him to be vying with Wright for No.3, which he may pick up.

Blodorn is by far the better prospect, but is 3 years younger, hence Brennan's apparent superiority.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

No way is Brennan ahead of Lidsey. In my view no comparison- don`t forget Lidsey holds his own in the top leagues in Poland and Sweden.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

No way is Brennan ahead of Lidsey. In my view no comparison- don`t forget Lidsey holds his own in the top leagues in Poland and Sweden.

I wasn't talking about Poland but what I expect from them in the UK.  You may be right, will make for interesting watching this season!  

45 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Blodorn is by far the better prospect, but is 3 years younger, hence Brennan's apparent superiority.

In your opinion.  As I said, Blodorn was full two points behind Brennan away from the NSS last season and whilst I expect them both to improve, Brennan should still finish the season ahead in my view.  Age is immaterial, it's experience and speed of development that are important - wasn't Lee world Champ at 21? :D 

5 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I wasn't talking about Poland but what I expect from them in the UK.  You may be right, will make for interesting watching this season!  

To be fair neither was i- i was just stating that as a Quality rider(World U21 champion in 2020 ) who competes internationally and has ridden UK before there is no comparison- and yes Tom Brennan is a good rider.

Strong team for sure, will be very interesting seeing how they go certainly early doors. Lidsey may take time to settle and learn tracks and set ups in english conditions, but it's not like he's a heatleader from the start so he has time to settle in. Brennan starting in the main body, he will have pressure to maintain his upward trajectory, hopefully he continues to progress, but it's never easy starting in the main body for the first time. I don't expect Dan to get it all his own way at #1 either, particularly at the away tracks. Brady and Charles will be what they are. Don't underestimate Mulford, he has speed and race craft and at the NSS could score well. Away very little expected of him, but he has ability. Blodorn, I rate highly, If he has Robbie with him next year I expect him to continue improving. He scored pretty well last year seeing as how he was visiting tracks for the first time a lot. What impressed me the most was how he improved and learnt during the meetings. Sheffield are very strong and start favourites for me, but this team has more potential improvement in it so will make for some good matches for sure

• Like 1

Good looking team good to see Bewley back in British speedway just wish Lambert could follow him too both were missed last year. 

Is it as strong as the team that won the play offs? I don’t think so. Brennan and Blodorn have to both improve on last season if they are to retain the title, and Zagar is a big loss,  don’t think they’ll be good enough on away tracks to get the aggregate points. Two teams looking better on paper for me than BV but doesn’t mean anything until wheels start turning 

5 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

it's lucky that Brennan starts at reserve then!

Does he though? 

Surely his 25% works the same as the Brit 2.5%, as in it's for team building purposes only. Thus the rolling average takes precedent in riding order

• Like 1

Ekstraliga stats for Lidsey compare well with Premiership 2022 riders....

26. Jaimon Lidsey 1,628
27. Frederik Jakobsen 1,616
28. Jack Holder 1,602

Elitserien less so...
28. Rohan Tungate 1,700
32. Luke Becker 1,667
41. Jaimon Lidsey 1,425