British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue 2023

5 minutes ago, arnieg said:

But Kemp is not in the Wolves team as a rising star. Personally I feel it would be very unfair if he didn’t get the reduction.

Yep.... so another 'new rule' falls again at the first hurdle. 

I think the sport needs a new '10 year' plan! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lefty said:

Yep.... so another 'new rule' falls again at the first hurdle. 

I think the sport needs a new '10 year' plan! :rolleyes:

Haven't they already got one running now?

This is year 21 of it.....:D

Edited by mikebv

1 hour ago, Col said:

It has been mooted on this forum if not this thread that RS's from 2022 would get 25% discount for the 2023 season.

If Bailey is 3.00 and the points limit is 42.5, then no.  That septet with the averages I've previously used adds up to 42.66.  

Wouldn't Bailey be eligible for a 25% reduction though? Bringing the limit below 42.50

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

But Kemp is not in the Wolves team as a rising star. Personally I feel it would be very unfair if he didn’t get the reduction.

Isn’t it those that were/are on the rising star list rather than those that were actually used as rising Star? Kemp was on it but not used as the rising star, similar with Danyon Hume. Hume was on the rising star list but Ipswich opted for Rowe as rising star and Hume as the number 8. Although it’s another grey area as Hume took over Rowe’s position as the rising star in the team, whereas Kemp didn’t ride in the position. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

Wouldn't Bailey be eligible for a 25% reduction though? Bringing the limit below 42.50

He never attained an average, as he never rode.  His Championship GSA is 4.63 (rolling) or 5.11(whole season) so which one would be converted and what is the conversion rate for a Championship rider joining a Premiership team these days?
He is listed on Belle Vue's declared GSA's as 3.00, 25% off that is 2.4 but the minimum average is 2.5!  If Bailey is 2.5 then that septet would just fit under a 42.5 limit with the averages I have been using.  Fricke instead of Kurtz would also fit.

Edited by Col

3 hours ago, Col said:

So Wolves could get a 25% on both Flint & Kemp... And Witches get 25% on both Hume & Rowe?
So do the #8's (whether they rode or not) who were also RS's get 25%?

Elementary as that won’t happen, lesson learnt from this season is surely at least one strong reserve capable of pushing into the 1 - 5 is required

2 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Elementary as that won’t happen, lesson learnt from this season is surely at least one strong reserve capable of pushing into the 1 - 5 is required

I don't think Flint will be far off doing that next year.  But Wolves 5th rider in the averages was probably the strongest 5th rider in the averages in 2022.  Which makes it more difficult.

I do think there is more to come from Kemp also, possibly more than Flint.  But it's as if he needs Eureka moment.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Col said:

I don't think Flint will be far off doing that next year.  But Wolves 5th rider in the averages was probably the strongest 5th rider in the averages in 2022.  Which makes it more difficult.

I do think there is more to come from Kemp also, possibly more than Flint.  But it's as if he needs Eureka moment.

Disagree with kemp I don't see it with him, flint this year has made bigger strides and always looks like improving more

6 hours ago, JCookie said:

Flint seems a bit more aggressive and willing to take risks whereas Kemp seems to prefer being a bit safer. I'd say Flint looks ahead of him by a distance personally.

Kemp definitely doesn't like contact, christ he goes into one lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wonder if the Aces will ask for an away fixture to be scheduled for Monday 19th June 2023 to avoid clashing with an International Football match being played in Manchester on the same night?

It's at Old Trafford, one of England's Euros24 qualifiers: England v. North Macedonia. Haven't seen why this isn't at Wembley,

On 11/3/2022 at 11:03 AM, mc131 said:

Disagree with kemp I don't see it with him, flint this year has made bigger strides and always looks like improving more

Flint has certainly been better in the Champ, but there was little between them in the Prem. Flint (3.54), Kemp (3.15) plus Kemp didn't get the easier rides that Flint did!

42 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Flint has certainly been better in the Champ, but there was little between them in the Prem. Flint (3.54), Kemp (3.15) plus Kemp didn't get the easier rides that Flint did!

Flint had the better season overall I'm sure it will continue next season a gd up coming rider

Edited by mc131