British Speedway Forum

Peter Collins Book

Argos

50 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

I've placed a bid...I'll wait and see what comes of it?

Okay no problems. My copy is available if needed. It will still be in the same drawer for a long time so won’t miss it. I’m still on Kelly Moran’s book. M Lee’s was a good read but I think we all knew most of the content. 
Little tip on eBay. I wouldn’t place a bid with 3 days to go, it often ends up just pushing the price up. Leave it to the last 30 mins of the closing day.  Good luck. 

• Like 2

On 2/11/2023 at 10:21 AM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I understand John Berry potentially had something in hand for a Billy Sanders publication that could've thrown a previously unseen light on the tragic events

Ultimately I believe he decided that his love and respect for Billy and his family was worth more than publishing what would've been an undoubtedly popular offering

about his potential to being the father of a rider killed in action?

28 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

Okay no problems. My copy is available if needed. It will still be in the same drawer for a long time so won’t miss it. I’m still on Kelly Moran’s book. M Lee’s was a good read but I think we all knew most of the content. 
Little tip on eBay. I wouldn’t place a bid with 3 days to go, it often ends up just pushing the price up. Leave it to the last 30 mins of the closing day.  Good luck. 

I'll let you know and thanks again...good luck with the Kelly Moran book. As I've said previously having read the book I took a different view on him. John Berry's second book made a reference to my responding to his revealing insight regarding Billy Sanders receiving money to throw a race.

Edited by steve roberts

38 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

I've just ordered a copy for £4-22 plus p&p...thanks again for your kind offer!

Edited by steve roberts

39 minutes ago, stevehone said:

about his potential to being the father of a rider killed in action?

I really don't know

40 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

I've just ordered a copy for £4-22 plus p&p...thanks again for your kind offer!

Wow! That’s brilliant. You are saying £4.22? My Amazon over the last year has been very expensive or as now not available. Not sure where this very cheap copy has come from but hey ho, if you get it that’s an amazing bargain. 
Enjoy - it’s a good read. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

Can you show me the link? I’ve not seen anything other on Amazon than not available. 

I'm afraid I'm unable to post links...beyond me although I've tried on numerous occasion! I just typed in Alan Carter book at Amazon and there it was!

3 hours ago, salty said:

One on Amazon for £4.22 plus postage.

Can you share the link? This price is too cheap compared to others. I’ve searched Amazon many times and can’t find anything available. There are a few Alan Carter authors. Just hope he has ordered the correct one. 

10 minutes ago, salty said:

The link is no longer there because Steve bought the copy that was on offer. But trust me it was earlier, from World of Books if memory serves.

That was the one!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

Can you share the link? This price is too cheap compared to others. I’ve searched Amazon many times and can’t find anything available. There are a few Alan Carter authors. Just hope he has ordered the correct one. 

My Amazon account cinfirms that it was the correct book...cheap at half the price!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, steve roberts said:

My Amazon account cinfirms that it was the correct book...cheap at half the price!

...just received confirmation that it's been posted! Just hope now that my bid on ebay falls short or I may well end up with two copies!!

4 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

...just received confirmation that it's been posted! Just hope now that my bid on ebay falls short or I may well end up with two copies!!

How do I cancel an eBay bid? Cancelling an eBay bid can be done via the 'retracting a bid' page, using the 'retract a bid' button. Simply click on this, then select the product you wish to retract your bid for and give your reason for doing so.

9 hours ago, Hodgy said:

How do I cancel an eBay bid? Cancelling an eBay bid can be done via the 'retracting a bid' page, using the 'retract a bid' button. Simply click on this, then select the product you wish to retract your bid for and give your reason for doing so.

Thanks...I think I managed to do it?

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Thanks...I think I managed to do it?

Unfortunately the seller hasn't agreed  to me retracting my bid? Hopefully I will be out bided and, if not, expect me to offer the book for re-sale...watch this space?