British Speedway Forum

Peter Collins Book

Argos

ordered mine and had this e-mail:

Hope you are keeping well. Thank you for pre-ordering the Peter Collin’s autobiography.

Apologies the book will not be published until next month and the slight delay has been caused by the fact that we have added considerably more content (resulting in more pages) in terms of words and photographs – many only becoming available very recently. 

(It’s amazing what PC has uncovered!).

We now hope and expect to be posting the book – signed by PC – before the end of October.

Very sorry for the wait. Many thanks for your patience and understanding. We believe the wait will be well worthwhile.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Speedway fan said:

ordered mine and had this e-mail:

Hope you are keeping well. Thank you for pre-ordering the Peter Collin’s autobiography.

Apologies the book will not be published until next month and the slight delay has been caused by the fact that we have added considerably more content (resulting in more pages) in terms of words and photographs – many only becoming available very recently. 

(It’s amazing what PC has uncovered!).

We now hope and expect to be posting the book – signed by PC – before the end of October.

Very sorry for the wait. Many thanks for your patience and understanding. We believe the wait will be well worthwhile.

Looking forward to it!

• Like 1

Hope it is coming soon as mine has been ordered 2 weeks ago. Recently, my son left a phone message to the publisher asking the reason for the delay. I asked him today if he'd had a reply and he said not. He suggested I came on here to enquire. I do think it would be more appropriate to put a date on the speedway star advert rather than 'coming soon' as that can extend to infinity. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mr. Clemens said:

Hope it is coming soon as mine has been ordered 2 weeks ago. Recently, my son left a phone message to the publisher asking the reason for the delay. I asked him today if he'd had a reply and he said not. He suggested I came on here to enquire. I do think it would be more appropriate to put a date on the speedway star advert rather than 'coming soon' as that can extend to infinity. 

When I phoned thru' my order I was told by the end of October?

• Like 2

THE long wait for the Peter Collins autobiography is nearly over. This mammoth 504-page, full colour book by British speedway’s most decorated champion and published by ourselves at Retro Speedway is now with our printer. All being well, everyone who has pre-ordered a personally signed copy should hopefully receive it by the end of this month.

We sincerely apologise for the delay of a book that we initially planned to release in mid-August but was delayed for all the right reasons. We’ve added more than 100 pages to the original spec, many more rare pictures and lots more content. All this added weeks to a hefty tome but we are confident the wait will be worthwhile. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

If you haven’t ordered your copy from us yet, taking advantage of our introductory offer of a £5 saving on the RRP of £25 in the UK, go to www.retro-speedway.com or phone Susie on 01708 734 502.

Peter will sign every copy ordered through Retro Speedway, which is another great reason to buy it for £20 directly from us instead of the likes of online giants Amazon and retailers Waterstones.

Thank you.

• Thanks 1

The NSSC is pleased and proud to announce that Peter Collins and Tony McDonald will be the guest speakers at the Brandon Club on 24th November. (Start time tba)

The Peter Collins Autobiography will be available to purchase on the night. So if you want to meet Peter and get that personal message for yourself or a Christmas gift here is your opportunity.

Everyone is welcome with a small entry charge of £4 for non-members. All proceeds from entrance and the raffle go to help GB Youth Speedway. The NSSC is one of the Young Lions main sponsors and this year donated £2000 to help young riders in national and international meetings. Come and join us for what promises to be a fascinating and enjoyable evening.

You will find all details here; https://www.nuneatonspeedwaysupportersclub.co.uk

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Just ordered.

When do we get one from Chris Morton, I would like to know what went on in the construction of the NSS and afterward.

Didn't Chris Morton do a book several years ago? Seem to think it was called something like "until the can ran out"

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RS50 said:

Didn't Chris Morton do a book several years ago? Seem to think it was called something like "until the can ran out"

Yes he did, got it, read it twice, very good read. Written well before the new BV era.

Would like a read of Dave Morton’s book.

Edited by OveFundinFan

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

Yes he did, got it, read it twice, very good read. Written well before the new BV era.

Would like a read of Dave Morton’s book.

...a good read and interesting background stories. Would recommend.

• Like 2