British Speedway Forum

Polish Extraleague PO Final 2nd leg Monday 7th October Live on TV

In Speedway Star this week, there is an interesting comment of Artem Laguta who was asked for his opinion on Tai Woffinden's disappointing season in Poland.

Quote: "To be honest, I don't know the reason for Tai's weaker performance this year. We don't talk to each other on an everday basis - everyone who knows me is aware that my English is not fluent, so it is hard for me to get information. On the other hand, Tai has struggled from the beginning of the season and it seems to me that it is not necessarily the issue of the equipment he uses."  

Edited by Bavarian

23 hours ago, TTT said:

You don't need any skills to ride a Polish carpet rug, All you need is speed. You could put a Pizza delivery driver on a Polish track and he'd put in some half decent laps.

Where's British tracks are a lot more demanding of a riders skill set.

Seems he has ridden well again tonight. Maybe some criticism of the tracks in Poland albeit it I do not necessarily share the view,  generally the riders in Poland turn up and give it their best shot as per tonight’s individual meeting. I don’t recall the same enthusiasm from riders in the UK who have little appetite for individual meets. Shame really but with fans who believe that the only form is league racing and track operators not willing to risk th3 poor support it is no wonder that we see so little of individual meetings yet most riders in the UK don’t team ride and are gate an go merchants

21 hours ago, Bavarian said:

In Speedway Star this week, there is an interesting comment of Artem Laguta who was asked for his opinion on Tai Woffinden's disappointing season in Poland.

Quote: "To be honest, I don't know the reason for Tai's weaker performance this year. We don't talk to each other on an everday basis - everyone who knows me is aware that my English is not fluent, so it is hard for me to get information. On the other hand, Tai has struggled from the beginning of the season and it seems to me that it is not necessarily the issue of the equipment he uses."  

I said last week that I didn't think Tai was enjoying Poland and the GP's anymore.....Maybe it's true.

On 7/6/2024 at 11:40 AM, Bavarian said:

Did anyone get to the bottom of Artems strange performance Friday night?

Whenever Lublin are in town the crowd seems to suffer, they are just too strong for the league and it seems to be detrimental to the extraleague, I don’t want Poland to go down the points limit route but there must be a way of evening out the teams ? Maybe maximum of 2 GP riders per team ?

5 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Whenever Lublin are in town the crowd seems to suffer, they are just too strong for the league and it seems to be detrimental to the extraleague, I don’t want Poland to go down the points limit route but there must be a way of evening out the teams ? Maybe maximum of 2 GP riders per team ?

The Lublin management must have deeper pockets than the rest.  It would be interesting to see all 8 wage bills.

7 minutes ago, Shockster said:

The Lublin management must have deeper pockets than the rest.  It would be interesting to see all 8 wage bills.

I think it’s down to the council and orlen where the money comes from