British Speedway Forum

Polish Extraleague play-off SF 2nd leg Wednesday 25th September Live on TV

8 minutes ago, mikebv said:

A couple of very big crowds today...

Wouldn’t say it’s been the best racing though for Poland being the holy grail a lot of it is whoever gets out infront stays there. 

After a hiatus of 5 years (due to first Covid and then a family illness) I have just returned from my first trip to Poland since 2019.

Sat in the main stand of the Olympic Stadium, Wroclaw on Friday night, I realised just how much I had missed the ‘buzz’ of being at an Ekstraliga match!!

It was a great experience, very tasty ‘kielbasa w bulce & piwo’  (sausage in a bun and beer) in the fan park pre-match, good racing to watch, a fabulous atmosphere and, overall, a superb way to spend my birthday night.

I even had the pleasure of a chat with Dan Bewley whilst getting ready to board the outbound flight last Tuesday. Dan was heading for a practice session in Wroclaw on Wednesday, before heading back to the UK for the Aces match on Thursday, and then back again to Wroclaw for Friday.

And, just to say thanks again to Racers and Royals for his advice on the Wroclaw ticketing arrangements when I messaged him a few months ago now.

Now back to the NSS for the Aces v Oxford tomorrow night – hopefully some good racing to watch, but maybe not quite the same 13,675 noisy & partisan crowd!!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Col said:

Leszno are in trouble, can see Grudziadz winning this. Ben Cook replacement for Smektala?

Smektala has been poor.  So I can see why Ben Cook is riding.  He's a long way off of a No1 in Poland though.  Still doing ok TBF

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bloom89 said:

Wouldn’t say it’s been the best racing though for Poland being the holy grail a lot of it is whoever gets out infront stays there. 

That happens over here as well,but the atmosphere and professional run show is on a different planet in Poland.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

That happens over here as well,but the atmosphere and professional run show is on a different planet in Poland.

Absolutely.

I started going over to Poland in 2008 to see Ekstraliga matches and went every year up to and including 2019. it was immediately obvious from our very first match at Zielona Gora that speedway was, as you say, just on a different planet there to the UK version. We've taken in several second-tier matches too through the years, and they've been excellent presentations too.

As I posted a few posts back, I was at Wroclaw on Friday night after an unintended break away from Poland for 5 years, and, although I've seen just as good - and some better - racing at the NSS, the whole package of attending an Ekstraliga match is an experience to behold. Since getting home, I've watched the match back on TV and, unfortunately, you cannot really get a sense of what it's like to be there in the crowd and watch everything unfold in front of you.

To anyone who hasn't been yet - and is physically and financially able to do so - I'd certainy urge them to give it a try.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Shame all any of the DJ's have is cheesy 70 & 80's rock :blink::D

5 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Who are in Extraleague 2  lol

meh, whatever, too many teams and threads to keep track of. This is a Polish news thread so I posted it here.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Posted (edited)

Friday’s matches line-ups

Zielona Gora v Lublin

Zielona Gora

9 Hampel

10 Jensen

11 Prem Pawlicki

12 Kvech

13 Piotr Pawlicki

14 Hurysz

15 Sadurski