British Speedway Forum

Polish Extraleague play-off SF 2nd leg Wednesday 25th September Live on TV

18 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

Watching this reminds me of what it was like a good few years back at Ipswich watching Jarek and  co plough their trade around Foxhall on. Thursday evening. How the tables have turned and it will be many years before the sport in this country can rekindle what it was let alone compete head to head with Poland and attract riders who are generally locked in to unforgiving contracts. Surely it is time to re set the clock, stop trying what U K speedway cannot do and for a short time become insular, rebuild league racing and have the odd international meeting to test the competitiveness of the home grown riders  and when the time is right go head to head with the Poles or whoever. For now stop trying to pretend the UK version can match the Poles, it cannot it is now light years behind and with the BSPA having capitulated so much on race nights, what is really left. 

You are correct....

Sadly, at least, 10 years too late..

"Going it alone" was the huge opportunity...

One league "Premier Lite"' and one league "Championship Lite"..

Lots of teams per league, all racing at their "natural level" for their crowd numbers...

Doubling down used to help the Championship Lite teams to have a good British number one, who could help develop talent...

And all the teams riding on nights that deliver their best crowds..

Horse, stable doors, bolted...

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mikebv said:

You are correct....

Sadly, at least, 10 years too late..

"Going it alone" was the huge opportunity...

One league "Premier Lite"' and one league "Championship Lite"..

Lots of teams per league, all racing at their "natural level" for their crowd numbers...

Doubling down used to help the Championship Lite teams to have a good British number one, who could help develop talent...

And all the teams riding on nights that deliver their best crowds..

Horse, stable doors, bolted...

I just think it is so sad that the sport is where it is given the money that came into from Sky and many individual broadcasters across television and radio pushing the sport for what seems to have been to no avail.  We once had regular weekly meetings throughout the season and characters both at rider level and promoter level. Now you have a bunch of wimps who seem to have little idea on what makes a good night out and pander to the participants who dictate the business model and that makes you wonder why many continue to run the teams.  I am saddened  that most promoters cannot spell entertainment let alone know how to provide it. Maybe the last page of this week’s speedway star is the answer, non league speedway which is covering IOW, Kent/Lydd and the Rockets where entertainment is foremost amongst those running these meetings. You cannot blame today’s riders who earn a good living in Poland, why would they jeopardise that for five races in the UK once a week with piss poor crowds, little atmosphere and third world stadia. I do not know the answer but carrying on as is cannot solve the fundamental issues drag the sport out of the self inflicted nadir.

13 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Czestochowa were going down according to you recently LOL

I cant remember saying that at all tbh.......BUT if I did say that at some stage then I definitely had a moment of madness after having too much to drink.......I know some members have predicted Czestochowa to go down though.

As you know I've stuck my neck out for weeks in regards to Torun (Prediction made when they struggled to pull away from a weakened Leszno at Home) and every week they just prove me right, Torun are just a cat with 9 lives who'll end up staying up due to other teams misfortunes with injuries and I 1000% stick by that no matter how the results play out for the rest of the season.

1 hour ago, JRMRacing said:

Hello, been back a few pages maybe I missed it, but what are the Sunday 16th fixtures and channels please

Thanks 

Only one Ekstraliga meeting on Sunday this week - Gorzów v Leszno at 1930 CET, 6.30pm UK on Eleven Sports 1.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Just watching this meeting  now as I’ve been out today, the fajfer crash was his fault but a yellow card ? No 

People are saying should have been red ! Pretty reckless bit of riding.3 cracked ribs for Lebedevs.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

People are saying should have been red ! Pretty reckless bit of riding.3 cracked ribs for Lebedevs.

Terrible for lebedevs but fajfer is already slowing his bike down when he collects lebedevs, definitely an exclusion but exactly same move as zmarzlik last night on fricke changes direction and goes for inside of track but difference is there is nobody on the inside when he gets there 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

22 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Terrible for lebedevs but fajfer is already slowing his bike down when he collects lebedevs, definitely an exclusion but exactly same move as zmarzlik last night on fricke changes direction and goes for inside of track but difference is there is nobody on the inside when he gets there 

I think the crucial point about your argument is that Lebedevs was there when Fajfer got to the corner. But did Lebedevs change direction? No he didn't, which meant that Fajfer knew where he'd be all along, and therefore made a dangerous move. That's what merits a card. And if a dangerous move ends up spearing a rider, injuring them and sends them to hospital then the said dangerous move can certainly merit a red card. 

If not, what would? Please explain!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, stewmac said:

I think the crucial point about your argument is that Lebedevs was there when Fajfer got to the corner. But did Lebedevs change direction? No he didn't, which meant that Fajfer knew where he'd be all along, and therefore made a dangerous move. That's what merits a card. And if a dangerous move ends up spearing a rider, injuring them and sends them to hospital then the said dangerous move can certainly merit a red card. 

If not, what would? Please explain!

Watch the replay from the reverse angle, when fajfer makes his move lebedevs is right out by the fence, wider than all three, he cuts across to go back to white line

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 1