British Speedway Forum

Poole Vs Glasgow 28/09/22 play off SF 1st leg

The weather forecast for Saturday in Glasgow looks like mild-heavy rain from 12noon to 4pm. I can quite easily see it being cancelled and the season will probably continue into November at this rate. When i think back to the last 7 weeks of great weather and all those speedway-less Fridays at Ashfield i am more than a little annoyed by what's happened this season. Heads should roll at the BSPA.

Edited by Nickinho
  • Like 5

Can see this being a bit of a clattering tonight unfortunately, Poole are very good at home right now and Glasgow are missing a couple of key men.....if they can keep it to 10-12 points they'll have done well and it will give them an outside chance on Saturday. 

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

Can see this being a bit of a clattering tonight unfortunately, Poole are very good at home right now and Glasgow are missing a couple of key men.....if they can keep it to 10-12 points they'll have done well and it will give them an outside chance on Saturday

The only thing with an outside chance on Saturday is that there may be a very small bit of sunshine in between the torrential downpours!!

1 hour ago, Mike0310 said:

Jesus talk about going over the top I was not being funny about asking about the weather just thinking about buying the meeting chill out I just didn’t want to waste money if it may look dodgy.

I always buy them 2 mins before they start lol. But maybe not buy the Glasgow leg just yet ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nickinho said:

The weather forecast for Saturday in Glasgow looks like mild-heavy rain from 12noon to 4pm. I can quite easily see it being cancelled and the season will probably continue into November at this rate. When i think back to the last 7 weeks of great weather and all those speedway-less Fridays at Ashfield i am more than a little annoyed by what's happened this season. Heads should roll at the BSPA.

Happens every season nothing changes 

• Like 1

Think tonight will be a close meeting. Pirates need a 12 point lead for Saturday. Any less and it’s squeaky bum time.  Looking forward to it regardless of the score. Should be a good meeting with two evenly matched teams.

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I thought BSN said he had a shoulder/collar bone 'strain'!

Broc has got a problem in the shoulder area that's always going to present issues. 

Due to previous injuries and wear and tear. Will never be 100% but it's manageable. 

Cold damp autumn weather and deeper tracks certainly won't help it. 

BWD is another rider with similar long term shoulder issues. His from memory is more in the shoulder blade area. 

5 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Glasgow's key men for me are Brennan (gets a r/r ride) & Starke (could get 7 rides at reserve) and the will definitely need Bailey to beat Ablitt every time they meet!

I expect Ablitt to only meet Bailey once, it isn't a favourite track for Brennan but you never know. Starke rode well before the rain at Glasgow so could be their trump card.