British Speedway Forum

Witches v Aces Play off Semi Final 1st leg 29/9/22

4 hours ago, R87 said:

From the club that a year before disgracefully sacked a rider to bring in Woffinden on a fake average just to win the league?!

Kylmakorpi was struggling after a knee injury (0 in his return) and Wolves signed Woffinden on his official Green Sheet. He rode 6 league matches before the play-offs.  When they tried to do the same again (a year later?) just for the play-offs, they weren’t allowed.

Edited by Roger Jacobs
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, ouch said:

The rule book exactly says that. Please please please read it before posting nonsense that the muppets on here will take as gospel. 

And please see our initial declaration here along with the rest of the league

https://britishspeedway.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/p22_issue_1.pdf

010.3 TEAM DECLARATIONS
Teams must be declared prior to the start of the season. Changes must be made at least 3 days before the start time of the meeting at which it is intended to be used.

Exactly, initial declaration has Jake Allen listed, with no transfers until 25% of the season is completed. Which part of dubious do people not understand?

Edited by Call me wolfie
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

Sheffield are massive favs. There is nothing to cock up but everything to gain. He could be a hero for life winning the league against all odds 

Only in your little universe.

Belle Vue are as good as in the final.

Sheffield still have to beat Wolves

BV combined GSA (Inc RS) 46.48 Sheffield 42.49

BV beat Sheffield 181-179 when they met in the league

Against that Sheffield finished above Aces in the league, but in doing so scored 3 race points per match less

The only thing that points towards a Sheffield win is Fricke's absence, and yes how BV cope with that will be a significant factor in determining the outcome, but at present Aces remain favourites to win.

47 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

Sheffield are massive favs. There is nothing to cock up but everything to gain. He could be a hero for life winning the league against all odds 

Alright Shovlar:lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Again, the regs don’t say that, “teams must be declared before the start of the season”. Is or is not the league cup part of the season, hence dubious. Nowt to do with transfer window but initial declaration deadline.

Yes it is part of the season.The season starts from the first official speedway match.

And yes the Zagar move was very dubious indeed.The same as Barker at Ipswich.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Call me wolfie said:

010.3 TEAM DECLARATIONS
Teams must be declared prior to the start of the season. Changes must be made at least 3 days before the start time of the meeting at which it is intended to be used.

Exactly, initial declaration has Jake Allen listed, with no transfers until 25% of the season is completed. Which part of dubious do people not understand?

It doesn’t say season. Please please please just quote the rule, you don’t need to make your own words up to try and fit your argument. 

44 minutes ago, ouch said:

It doesn’t say season. Please please please just quote the rule, you don’t need to make your own words up to try and fit your argument. 

Please please please read what you’ve just quoted in your last post, it was copied and pasted from the official regulations.

incase you’re struggling it’s the 11th word, starts in s and ends in n. I do wish people would read them before quoting on this forum.

I can give you a link for spec savers if you’re still struggling.

n case you don’t believe me here’s the link for the 2022 regulations.

read them with a huge dose of humble pie.

http://www.scbgb.co.uk/regulations

Edited by Call me wolfie

2 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

I disagree you are favourites with the form you are in. Just like Poole are favourites, we didn't win the league either but are in form. You know If there is a decision to make, Lemon will make the wrong one plus you can cherry pick your guest to suit. 

8 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

Oh look. Klindt guesting Monday as he will in final. The same klindt who only only returned once his season finished. But that’s ok yeah????

Louis and Bates were never going to allow Belle Vue to sign Lambert with both their teams involved in the play offs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

Yes it is part of the season.The season starts from the first official speedway match.

And yes the Zagar move was very dubious indeed.The same as Barker at Ipswich.

With the chance of injury high, & no squads, teams should be allowed to sign riders all season, as long as they stay within the points limit in my opinion.

58 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

It could go either way, which ever team gets their act together at home will win the tie. Wolves are capable of getting a big win at home if we get the track set up right (weather permitting)

I am sorry but i don't see that, Sheffield do have one or two riders that are not that keen on your track but even Jack Holder wasn't too bad last time, I seem to remember his brother Chris hated it. Over the two legs I think Sheffield will be too strong.

13 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Please please please read what you’ve just quoted in your last post, it was copied and pasted from the official regulations.

incase you’re struggling it’s the 11th word, starts in s and ends in n. I do wish people would read them before quoting on this forum.

I can give you a link for spec savers if you’re still struggling.

n case you don’t believe me here’s the link for the 2022 regulations.

read them with a huge dose of humble pie.

http://www.scbgb.co.uk/regulations

Your rule 

“no transfers until 25% of the season is completed”

The actual rule

A Premiership Transfer Window opens after 25% of the League fixtures are complete and closes when 75% of League fixtures are complete. This permits changes to the team on 2 occasions, except for proven long term injury.

3 hours ago, ouch said:

Your rule 

“no transfers until 25% of the season is completed”

The actual rule

A Premiership Transfer Window opens after 25% of the League fixtures are complete and closes when 75% of League fixtures are complete. This permits changes to the team on 2 occasions, except for proven long term injury.

Yes that’s the same thing, not sure what your point is

13 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

Got a feeling wolves will be only team to deny Belle Vue the win if get past Sheffield.

Weirdly I’d feel more comfortable against wolves. But whatever happens in the semis. A final starts again. Anything can happen and the team with the most luck will win