British Speedway Forum

Witches v Aces Play off Semi Final 1st leg 29/9/22

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Not so sure myself. A fit Starke then absolutely no chance, but as it stands don’t think there’ll be much in it. That’s if Starke is even riding. 

Starke is guesting  in the championship play offs for Glasgow tomorrow and Wed next week so thats possibly 8 rides or more for him to negotiate uninjured first before Ipswich's match Thursday 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Steve Irving said:

I’ll have a bash. That 16+1 literally came out of the blue and nobody was expecting anything like that from him. He’s never found Foxhall to his liking and his score of 3 earlier on at Foxhall was much less of a shock. How’d I do?

Not bad though not mentioning his 1 point return when representing Edinburgh 3/10/13 was a schoolboy error. 

It’s amazing that Max has achieved a “normal” performance level at Foxhall given he’s only completed one full season with the Witches as top flight opponents. 

17 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Before Mikebv gets to excited about Chris Harris guesting  his average is to high for Fricke if hes out injured by 0.01 it seems for September 

Come on....

This is UK "make it up as you go along" Speedway. ..

Surely having Bomber there would be in the "interests of it"?:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Baldyman said:

To be honest,,, I don't care,,,I won't be going,,, washing my hair.  How anyone can take this meeting seriously is beyond me,, you can't have a play off system of who faces who on where you finish in league when all league meetings haven't taken place.  Would be funny to now have a few rain offs before the Sheffield Ipswich meet,, with Ipswich then finishing top and then facing Wolves,, 

There is cut off date as per normal . All clubs understand that . if you dont care why post in the first place 

Thank you everyone for your messages.

I suffered a broken sternum, bruised lungs, sprained shoulder, cracked shoulder blade and concussion as a result of my crash in the meeting yesterday. This requires an extensive time to recover but we’ll be back to 100% before next season.I am sorry to the fans and everyone at Zielona Gora - this was not the result we wanted.

Unfortunately I will be missing the final GP in Toruń next weekend and the playoffs for Belle Vue. But the team has my full support from the side lines.Thank you everyone for your support throughout this season.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

26 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Thank you everyone for your messages.

I suffered a broken sternum, bruised lungs, sprained shoulder, cracked shoulder blade and concussion as a result of my crash in the meeting yesterday. This requires an extensive time to recover but we’ll be back to 100% before next season.I am sorry to the fans and everyone at Zielona Gora - this was not the result we wanted.

Unfortunately I will be missing the final GP in Toruń next weekend and the playoffs for Belle Vue. But the team has my full support from the side lines.Thank you everyone for your support throughout this season.

All of these are very painful injuries, especially the sternum. Poor Max, great guy..... best wishes from your Edinburgh fans Max, take care lad and don’t rush the healing process

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Maybe they’ll book Adam Ellis to guest and the whole forum can be up in arms about it saying it should be Chris Harris haha

Only Boro riders available  - Sheffield race Lynn in the final of the "season opening" League Cup

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

Maybe they’ll book Adam Ellis to guest and the whole forum can be up in arms about it saying it should be Chris Harris haha

I might be wrong but I dont think Bomber has guested for the Aces this season...

Is that the only Premiership team left for him to have a fiull house?

If so, he would have then helped every team to their finishing position...

Therefore...

Come on "Godders"...

"You know it makes sense my san"..

"Cushty"..

NB Is Cookie riding for a Premiership team? If not could the Aces not use him..

Does OK around Ipswich doesnt he? ..

And did well around the NSS at the BF...

Edited by mikebv

20 minutes ago, mikebv said:

I might be wrong but I dont think Bomber has guested for the Aces this season...

Is that the only Premiership team left for him to have a fiull house?

If so, he would have then helped every team to their finishing position...

Therefore...

Come on "Godders"...

"You know it makes sense my san"..

"Cushty"..

NB Is Cookie riding for a Premiership team? If not could the Aces not use him..

Does OK around Ipswich doesnt he? ..

And did well around the NSS at the BF...

He certainly does. Basso an option?

Not many options. Depending on how you read the rule you can either make a signing or can’t. Hopefully you can. 
it would have to be someone who doesn’t need a work permit though so only really 

tai but he’s going aus after Toruń. 
lambert but will he do it

cook but that’s replacing a no1 with a 2nd string right now. 

NKI as he still has a work permit for over here. 

Go with RR but that’s never ideal. 

have basso in at Ipswich who scores paid 26 in his last 2 meetings there although at easier positions as no1 and then get Harris in at NSS. 

Another crazy option is try and get them to call the cup final off so we can use klindt but obviously that can’t and won’t happen 

basically. We’re stuffed as usual. We have races 12 play off matches and only put a proper 1-7 out on 4 occasions. What have we done to deserve so much bad luck in play offs