British Speedway Forum

Sheffield Tigers 2023

2 minutes ago, spin king said:

Tai is a decent replacement for Jack Holder, in fact given the choice of the two I would go with Tai.

Chris Holder for Adam Ellis should improve the team, Adam has been off form all season.

Vissing for Kerr, won't be a popular choice.

Vissing is not a popular rider at Sheffield. 

Ellis and Kerr to Leicester then in place of Sedgmen or Worrall and Cook

9 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

But one it seems they had to make. “Commitment issues” clearly aimed at Ellis, and going by his last outing I guess they had no choice but to make changes. 

Agree, I would've kept Kerr though and just looked for an Ellis replacement considering the Tigers are likely to face Wolves in the play-offs (Track Noddy hates)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Ellis and Kerr to Leicester then in place of Sedgmen or Worrall and Cook

I would say Kerr to Leicester would make sense.

Not too sure about Adam going in for either Sedgie or Worrall.

Or maybe a change of track might just be the change he needs. 

How was this allowed - presumably visa were required

Two Brits replaced by two foreigners who are (by necessity of averages) considered inferior

I thought Brexit meant Brexit ;)

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Holder is a busted flush, don't see these changes making them an awful lot stronger personally but we shall see. 

My thinking as well....don't really like the rule with riders coming in for the play offs but these changes  are like for like at best 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

The Chris Holder that averaged 4.3 points in 8 matches for Leszno this season, it’s certainly a gamble.

In two of their recent matches Holder only completed two of his rides before being substituted by a team member. Didn’t contribute much to the scoring. Just rides mid track, not a good signing.

So Lewis Kerr plays his part and I would say has done what is expected from him for Sheffield.

Popular with all fans of Clubs he has ridden for. Sheffield looking good for play offs.

Another GB rider callously tossed aside to accommodate an ageing Holder who has shown scant interest in riding in the UK in recent years and a Dane.   Shocking state of affairs

• Like 6

1 minute ago, TINYS said:

I just can,t keep up with this anymore i don,t know who rides for which team from one day to another. Imagine collecting rosette,s of your teams riders like we did years ago you would probably cover the whole of your bedroom wall now.

I think they are still classified as official British speedway merchandise 

1 minute ago, TINYS said:

I just can,t keep up with this anymore i don,t know who rides for which team from one day to another. Imagine collecting rosette,s of your teams riders like we did years ago you would probably cover the whole of your bedroom wall now.

The good old days when riders rode for the same club for seasons on end 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Endeavour said:

So Lewis Kerr plays his part and I would say has done what is expected from him for Sheffield.

Popular with all fans of Clubs he has ridden for. Sheffield looking good for play offs.

Another GB rider callously tossed aside to accommodate an ageing Holder who has shown scant interest in riding in the UK in recent years and a Dane.   Shocking state of affairs

Totally agree.

1 hour ago, DiveBomb said:

Imagine explaining this to a new fan. I'd rather explain cricket to a new fan instead. 

Explaining what?

explain to a football fan that your team makes changes before a transfer window shuts, it will be a big deal in football in a few days with Sky having a full nights programme about who is signing, being loaned to who before the transfer window shuts

Edited by The Third Man
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, TINYS said:

Its really very easy.

Pedersen left Peterborough for Taresenko, so Richie Worrall left Peterborough to join Leicester so Harris left Leicester to join Peterborough while Robert Lambert joined Kings Lynn so Laguta could join Peterborough and they're all gonna miss the play-offs god i love Speedway...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2