British Speedway Forum

Sheffield Tigers 2023

14 minutes ago, r8gdp said:

If you say so lol

Long way to go...

Six matches will decide the league.. 

Pickering will be up to speed by then.

Be interesting to see who gets who in the play offs..

Aces, Sheffield, Wolves, Leicester would be the call for me...

Six cracking matches I would think.. 

And Doyle, Emil and Artum to be possibly available to guest...;)

Edited by mikebv

4 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Long way to go...

Six matches will decide the league.. 

Pickering will be up to speed by then.

Be interesting to see who gets who in the play offs..

Aces, Sheffield, Wolves, Leicester would be the call for me...

Six cracking matches I would think.. 

And Doyle, Emil and Artum to be possibly available to guest...;)

Leicester are causing upsets don t think anyone could foresee them finishing in the top 4 

I wouldn’t right off Ipswich with the strongest top 2 in the league 

i ll go with aces wolves Leicester and the witches with us Sheffield missing out on the play offs 

hope I am wrong lol 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, r8gdp said:

Leicester are causing upsets don t think anyone could foresee them finishing in the top 4 

I wouldn’t right off Ipswich with the strongest top 2 in the league 

i ll go with aces wolves Leicester and the witches with us Sheffield missing out on the play offs 

hope I am wrong lol 

Leicester are a solid side ...Sedgman riding well ...Stronger with Kemp in ..Sheffield are good at home but not brilliant away ...ie Leicester and Wolves away ...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 4BM said:

With the new July averages out now, what would Sheffield have to play with if they decided to jettison Ellis? As his average seem to be going south every month 

They could only go like for like,,, so whatever his average is,, is what they have to play with

2 hours ago, 4BM said:

With the new July averages out now, what would Sheffield have to play with if they decided to jettison Ellis? As his average seem to be going south every month 

6.26 would bring them in bob on 39 points. Its not alot & I am not sure who would be available.

• 2 weeks later...

See Lewi Kerr posted that he’s snapped his collarbone in ht1 last night, not sure how long that will keep him out but would imagine that Sheffield will run R/R for him whilst they can (could be at reserve when August averages kick in), will mean an extra ride for Pickering and the other 3 between Gilkes and Howarth.

1 hour ago, Dornier said:

How long does he need ?  He's had half a season already

He's already improved in his last two meetings, Would've got at least 8 last night if he didn't fall in one race.

Sheffield would regret it if they released Ellis imo, He's one of the most solid engine room riders in the entire league imo.

Having an up and down season but he's capable of scoring double figures out of the blue on any given night imo.