British Speedway Forum

Sheffield Tigers 2023

30 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Wolves website 23rd ...effective 1st next month...You were right ....

See on the official BSPA website the last set of averages to be put on there.Go to Sheffields line up and you will see Bellego's average goes to 4,with the effective date being the 22nd of June . It's all highlighted in green.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

See on the official BSPA website the last set of averages to be put on there.Go to Sheffields line up and you will see Bellego's average goes to 4,with the effective date being the 22nd of June.

So Pickering to be announced tomorrow before the averages change?

36 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Not a chance ;)

Wishful thinking I know BB. As much as I respect Simon Lambert and can't fault the effort he puts in, seeing 2 bargain basement signings brought into the team for JP and FJ is really going to turn people off even more. The crowds at present aren't sustainable and if 2 lower calibre riders are coming in I can see levels start to dwindle more and more. You know how the saying goes "you got to spend money to make money". I know the season is write off now, but if Buster invested into 2 riders that people could get behind if may place more bums in seats and increase the budget for next season... Similar to last year with Klindt and Jakobsen, I know they haven't necessarily worked out the way in which we hoped/expected but I'm sure they definitely lifted crowd levels... 

24 minutes ago, StarBoy said:

Wishful thinking I know BB. As much as I respect Simon Lambert and can't fault the effort he puts in, seeing 2 bargain basement signings brought into the team for JP and FJ is really going to turn people off even more. The crowds at present aren't sustainable and if 2 lower calibre riders are coming in I can see levels start to dwindle more and more. You know how the saying goes "you got to spend money to make money". I know the season is write off now, but if Buster invested into 2 riders that people could get behind if may place more bums in seats and increase the budget for next season... Similar to last year with Klindt and Jakobsen, I know they haven't necessarily worked out the way in which we hoped/expected but I'm sure they definitely lifted crowd levels... 

I can see where your coming from SB. But Lambert and say a Ben Barker type of rider is probably more affordable for Buster. It looks like he is going to honour Artem's deal, and I think the drop of in crowds if Artem went would kill the season for Lynn, crowd wise, as well as result wise. If it was a choice of keeping Laguta or having a better 2 coming in , i think keeping Laguta is a must, if at all possible. Take him away now and the place will be as flat as a witches t*t. 

I think this season is about getting to the end, whilst winning a few home meetings to try and keep the crowd coming/ happy ish. Next year looks like we will need a new promoter, ether will big wallet or a big sponsor, or both. Not easy in this current climate though.

Edited by Bald Bloke

5 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I can see where your coming from SB. But Lambert and say a Ben Barker type of rider is probably more affordable for Buster. It looks like he is going to honour Artem's deal, and I think the drop of in crowds if Artem went would kill the season for Lynn, crowd wise, as well as result wise. If it was a choice of keeping Laguta or having a better 2 coming in , i think keeping Laguta is a must, if at all possible. Take him away now and the place will be as flat as a witches t*t. 

I think this season is about getting to the end, whilst winning a few home meetings to try and keep the crowd coming/ happy ish. Next your looks like we need a new promoter, ether will big wallet or a big sponsor, or both. Not easy in this current climate though.

Whilst I respect Buster for honouring the Laguta deal, he didn't have to I know and it is a big commitment for him to make, the side now has 2 gaping holes in it, which on a good night and what was expected of them should of been scoring 15-17 points between them, especially at home. If you're going to get a Simon Lambert and Ben Barker type rider in to replace them you're looking at 8 max between them and that's me being optimistic. In what was already a losing side loosing a further 7-9 points a meeting means we will be lucky to score 30 each meeting. 

I know Buster has a strict budget, but he has called on loyal fans to support the club more than ever, realistically that isn't going to happen if he's stringing together team that is getting pumped by 20-30 points week in week out. 

I can stand losing, I've become accustom to it, the one thing I ask is that we are competitive. With the greatest respect to SL and BB, both being brilliant servants to British speedway the overwhelming majority of supporters aren't going to pay £22 to see that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StarBoy said:

Whilst I respect Buster for honouring the Laguta deal, he didn't have to I know and it is a big commitment for him to make, the side now has 2 gaping holes in it, which on a good night and what was expected of them should of been scoring 15-17 points between them, especially at home. If you're going to get a Simon Lambert and Ben Barker type rider in to replace them you're looking at 8 max between them and that's me being optimistic. In what was already a losing side loosing a further 7-9 points a meeting means we will be lucky to score 30 each meeting. 

I know Buster has a strict budget, but he has called on loyal fans to support the club more than ever, realistically that isn't going to happen if he's stringing together team that is getting pumped by 20-30 points week in week out. 

I can stand losing, I've become accustom to it, the one thing I ask is that we are competitive. With the greatest respect to SL and BB, both being brilliant servants to British speedway the overwhelming majority of supporters aren't going to pay £22 to see that

It is a tough one i know. I can see both sides tbh. It's down to the wonga, as always:t:

On 6/18/2023 at 5:09 PM, Charlieboy said:

I’d settle for that as Bellego has been a big disappointment 

Personally I think he has always blown hot and cold when riding over here, I think he will do better with a championship club rather than Premiership.

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2023 at 4:04 PM, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Wolves website 23rd ...effective 1st next month...You were right ....

Is he or is the Wolves website wrong?

23 hours ago, tellboy said:

See on the official BSPA website the last set of averages to be put on there.Go to Sheffields line up and you will see Bellego's average goes to 4,with the effective date being the 22nd of June . It's all highlighted in green.

That is where I went, the OFFICIAL SITE with GSA & there relevant change to riders in some teams.

23 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Im only going on what it says on the Wolves site ...

and you believe the Wolves website over the Official British website so some one is not doing their job correctly?

18 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

72 hours before the meeting i believe to the opposition when the teams have to be declared but about 7.29pm and 59 seconds on Thursday evening to the paying public.

I am sure that I have seen it put up by StevePark recently, which I believe to be true, in that you announce it to the SCB within 5 days prior to the meeting & the opposition have to reply within 24hrs.

45 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

I am sure that I have seen it put up by StevePark recently, which I believe to be true, in that you announce it to the SCB within 5 days prior to the meeting & the opposition have to reply within 24hrs.

Leicester office left phone on hook to avoid a heavy defeat