British Speedway Forum

Sheffield Tigers 2023

29 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I agree and they made a ruling in a play off years ago that it was more credible to use the same guest rider for both legs whether that rule still exists I dont know..

I think I remember seeing it some where that once a rider has guested for a team in the play offs, he can not guest for another. I can not remember if it applied to Premiership, Championship or both.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2023 at 3:36 PM, stevebrum said:

<snip>

SKY proved why Monmore was such a popular track. They always wanted it on the box. The track was always superbly prepared with Doc Bridgetts in charge and riders knew they were in for a well prepared track.

Some riders never got on with it because they didn’t have the skill or technique to handle it well.  It’s that simple.

Class riders can ride anything. Emil is proof of that. I remember first time Gollob rode it it literally took him 6 laps to figure it.

<snip>

No matter whether he figured it out, Gollob told John Louis that he didn't like the Monmore track.

12 hours ago, Ace no.5 said:

The "if" was "if" Leicester get in the playoffs.

;)

I think that would be a good thing for the play offs, Leicester would be cannon fodder in the play offs and who wouldnt want to see Emil and Doyley for a couple of more meetings, very much doubt they would win as the lower end is weak but you want to see the best riders as much as possible.

• Like 1

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Tai Woffinden being able to continue riding, this season. Probably needs a few days from the accident until the exact nature and extent of the damage can be established, and from there the treatment and management options.