British Speedway Forum

Sheffield Tigers 2023

12 hours ago, The Third Man said:

Just use Lambert as a guest in the play offs

Or sign another GP rider, I am sure BV won't want us to use a guest in the play offs

I don’t want you to use guests in the play offs as I’ve always thought it a stupid rule to stop a team finding an adequate full time replacement at their time of need. I’m not a fan of guests even if it rubs folk on here up the wrong way. 

At home you can use Max Fricke which makes tou a bit stronger but you couldn’t use Max away as he is too good to allow it, similarly with Emil & Jason should Ipswich not qualify for the play offs. 

Lambert cannot guest and I doubt Artem would take the booking though Bates would  bankrupt the club if it got him some tin. 

You’ll probably have to go with R/R but this can be tricky as demonstrated when Belle Vue lost out on a sure fire win in 2021. 
Edit: Max’s new average means he can guest home & away for Tai if the Lions don’t make it. Like for like so nothing lost for the Tigers. 

Edited by ouch

7 minutes ago, ouch said:

I don’t want you to use guests in the play offs as I’ve always thought it a stupid rule to stop a team finding an adequate full time replacement at their time of need. I’m not a fan of guests even if it rubs folk on here up the wrong way. 

At home you can use Max Fricke which makes tou a bit stronger but you couldn’t use Max away as he is too good to allow it, similarly with Emil & Jason should Ipswich not qualify for the play offs. 

Lambert cannot guest and I doubt Artem would take the booking though Bates would  bankrupt the club if it got him some tin. 

You’ll probably have to go with R/R but this can be tricky as demonstrated when Belle Vue lost out on a sure fire win in 2021. 

Max has a lower average than Tai so can be used home or away.

32 minutes ago, Supersub said:

Don’t think Jack will be riding in Premier again this season. What will Sheffield do now as it looks as if Tai will be out for a while

I think Jack will be advised by his Polish club to sit out the rest of the season over here and concentrate on his Polish commitments and just ride over there till their done plus the remaining GPs if he's had no reaction from riding last night that is, as for guests it's a bit premature mentioning Fricke coz as it stands Leicester still have a fighting chance of the play offs, Ipswich have to win at King's Lynn really and hope Leicester don't pick up any points from their last couple of meetings.

In the interests of the sport, Sheffield will surely be allowed to sign /use /loan/borrow whoever they like …….Bartosz Smarslik would be a good crowd puller …. Belle Vue threaded a needle through the rule book last year so there is precedent which counts for a lot English/ Welsh law. 
If they need any help I am certain Ford and Middleditch will be able to help them. :-0

13 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

In the interests of the sport, Sheffield will surely be allowed to sign /use /loan/borrow whoever they like …….Bartosz Smarslik would be a good crowd puller …. Belle Vue threaded a needle through the rule book last year so there is precedent which counts for a lot English/ Welsh law. 
If they need any help I am certain Ford and Middleditch will be able to help them. :-0

I agree Zmazlik would have been a great replacement and had we stuck with the rules that we rode to last year, that would have been allowed. Unfortunately for us few long suffering fans, they re wrote the rules so it’s a no go this year. 
I also agree with you that their cartel mates could come to their aid and we’ll see this seasons rules broken again. 

Edited by ouch

14 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Older then 2 seasons so it’s assessed, same as Woffinden was on till he got new average. 

https://britishspeedway.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/p23_issue_31.pdf

But Holders isn’t. Lol

They make it up at they go along and that worries me as they can try and push anything through unless we get a lawyer again. Quite why it should be up to us to pay and make clubs rides by the rules is beyond me and all those many ex fans. 

Some wild choice of guests that aren't even available. 

Doyle only available for home meetings, Lambert has an assessed average, Fricke will be cup tied. 

Laguta (if he wants to) will be the only genuine No1 available. Most likely it'll be Harris 

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Some wild choice of guests that aren't even available. 

Doyle only available for home meetings, Lambert has an assessed average, Fricke will be cup tied. 

Laguta (if he wants to) will be the only genuine No1 available. Most likely it'll be Harris 

We might struggle with getting Bomber as guest tomorrow.... ;):D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Would be ridiculous for the Premiership Play Offs if they have to use guests...

But..

If they do, then hopefully they have to stick with the same one and not swap and change depending on which track they are riding at..

Personally. Nothing wrong for me in bringing in another top rider to replace him...

Bartek would be great to watch...

And around Monmore we could see if the "all he is, is a throttle jockey" can actually ride small, technical tracks..

Aftwr all, he has struggled at Cardiff so much down the years against the world's best hasnt the? ;):D

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Would be ridiculous for the Premiership Play Offs if they have to use guests...

But..

If they do, then hopefully they have to stick with the same one and not swap and change depending on which track they are riding at..

Personally. Nothing wrong for me in bringing in another top rider to replace him...

Bartek would be great to watch...

And around Monmore we could see if the "all he is, is a throttle jockey" can actually ride small, technical tracks..

Aftwr all, he has struggled at Cardiff so much down the years against the world's best hasnt the? ;):D

I agree and they made a ruling in a play off years ago that it was more credible to use the same guest rider for both legs whether that rule still exists I dont know..