British Speedway Forum

Sheffield Tigers 2023

2 hours ago, BV66 said:

Even I as a Belle Vue fan would have Kyle as a second string at Belle Vue for his tenacity and grit as a rider, I think in the Play-Off final at Sheffield he had the misfortune to be off gate 3 in his final two races. (correct me if wrong)

Does anyone know the reason why Kyle has never ridden a season at Belle Vue in the top layer. Did he have a fall out in his younger days with the Belle Vue management. Seems odd as he is a local boy to Belle Vue

I like his all action style but think around Belle Vue you need to be smooth, and get your wheels in line early, just watch Bewley to see what I mean.

and weigh about 6 stone!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SPEEDY69 said:

and weigh about 6 stone!

It might be quite interesting to know the weights of the riders, Sam Masters always complains of the weight differences when he rides Belle Vue.

Who do folks think is the heaviest rider, and is it sometimes an advantage to be heavier or not.

28 minutes ago, BV66 said:

It might be quite interesting to know the weights of the riders, Sam Masters always complains of the weight differences when he rides Belle Vue.

Who do folks think is the heaviest rider, and is it sometimes an advantage to be heavier or not.

I agree.  There is of course a minimum weight for the bike but why I've no idea when no account of the rider is made.  Perhaps it should be a rider + bike weight minimum and a bit like jockeys those thinner riders then wear body packs.  It would certainly stop those sorts of complaints/theories if it was proven to not make much difference. 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2022 at 8:16 AM, OdsalBoy said:

Any confirmation of that anywhere?

Common knowledge who the rising stars are.  They had to pick in reverse order of the league table (although Belle Vue were moved to last pick as reigning champions even though they weren't actually top of the table). So the order of choice was Leicester, Peterborough, King's Lynn, Wolverhampton, Ipswich, Sheffield, Belle Vue.   They had to declare who they wanted so that the rest would know who was left, so really only Belle Vue can keep their choice a secret.

19 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Common knowledge who the rising stars are.  They had to pick in reverse order of the league table (although Belle Vue were moved to last pick as reigning champions even though they weren't actually top of the table). So the order of choice was Leicester, Peterborough, King's Lynn, Wolverhampton, Ipswich, Sheffield, Belle Vue.   They had to declare who they wanted so that the rest would know who was left, so really only Belle Vue can keep their choice a secret.

Common knowledge eh?

Feel free to list them then......

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, BV66 said:

Even I as a Belle Vue fan would have Kyle as a second string at Belle Vue for his tenacity and grit as a rider, I think in the Play-Off final at Sheffield he had the misfortune to be off gate 3 in his final two races. (correct me if wrong)

Does anyone know the reason why Kyle has never ridden a season at Belle Vue in the top layer. Did he have a fall out in his younger days with the Belle Vue management. Seems odd as he is a local boy to Belle Vue

I like his all action style but think around Belle Vue you need to be smooth, and get your wheels in line early, just watch Bewley to see what I mean.

Kyle always gives 100%, he always did for Wolves, it's when he tries to give 110% that worries me, which he often does.

On 12/2/2022 at 7:20 PM, RoundTheBoards said:

Sure.

Leicester - Dan Thompson
Peterborough - Jordan Jenkins
King's Lynn - Jason Edwards
Wolverhampton - Leon Flint
Ipswich - Jack Thomas
Sheffield - Dan Gilkes
Belle Vue - A choice of whatever is left after the above picks.

Nice list of those chosen.  Who else is on the list?

On 12/2/2022 at 7:20 PM, RoundTheBoards said:

Sure.

Leicester - Dan Thompson
Peterborough - Jordan Jenkins
King's Lynn - Jason Edwards
Wolverhampton - Leon Flint
Ipswich - Jack Thomas
Sheffield - Dan Gilkes
Belle Vue - A choice of whatever is left after the above picks.

Perhaps BV will get a lawyer so they can have Brennan RS again

1 minute ago, jimmy jimmy said:

if Flint and Thomas are RS, so then so should Brennan

The selection is based on averages in both leagues and Brennan has exceeded the threshold, plus I don't think he needs the protection of the RS scheme any more anyway.

• Like 2